Panthers Rookie QB Jimmy Clausen To Start Over Matt Moore

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Sweets, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Panthers coach John Fox opened his weekly Monday news conference by announcing rookie quarterback Jimmy Clausen will start in Week 3 over Matt Moore. "We have to do something to spark our passing game," Fox said. "Jimmy is a guy we think highly of. We'll give him an opportunity. We thought he made the most of his opportunities on Sunday."

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010
  2. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

That didn't take long.

3. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the heck happened, Mattie? Let's just hope Clausen doesn't wind up being Chris Weinke Jr. We will never forget. 1-15

4. If your going to put the kid in....it was best to do it sooner rather than later.

You only grow and mature as a young quarterback by playing and taking your lumps along the way.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

It has worked for some great QBs, but I feel like that's far from a rule.

6. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

well I guess it's better than having Jake Delhomme at the helm lol

don't matter, Hall Crocker, JJ will have fun with him

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i said week 4 hed take over....i was close lol

1 person likes this.
  8. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

I think Jimmy is gonna be a bad butt QB in time. He will have his struggles, but he has the ability to be a prototypical NFL qb.

9. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

I just hate his freaking attitude, I don't know why. Something about his demeanor strikes me as mega-douche.

that said, I wish him luck, but I hope we welcome him to the NFL when they come to town.

10. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Agreed, and why would you wish a rival luck? I don't wish him luck, don't wish any player from Notre Dame or their Momo equivalent in BYU luck. Hell, I have a hard team wishing them luck on my team.

11. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Yeah, to hell with good luck. More like.....break a leg.

12. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Because I want them to bring their best so we can shut them down at their best. When it's all said in done, he is a human being, and I wouldn't wish injury or pain upon anybody.

Tell him to bring his best so that he can get his butt kicked in the Georgia Dome.

13. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

He has that freaking Notre dame cockyness about him that Brady Quinn has that makes him seem like he is better then everybody and that is why I hate him

14. PantherGF

PantherGF KEEP POUNDING

Best decision they have made all year I went to watch training camp Matt looked like crap during camp, preseason, and the first two games, they gave him his chance. Unless something happens to Jimmy which I pray dosen't I think he will do very well he knows the system he looked good all camp and preseason and saw flashes of what we might get when he was in but I doubt he pulls our butts out of the fire with Cincy then New Orleans next with the way that management handled putting our team together in the offseason. Then again maybe Clausen will give us the life we need on offense to pull a Matt Ryan and make it interesting I hope O-Line better play better though.

15. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Jimmy will make plays, but he will be a pick machine this year as well

He has alot of Jay Cutler in him. Gunslinger type QB with a sick arm. Thanks to NDs Pro Spread, there were probably 12 picks that didnt happen last year.

IMO if they play conservative with him they are foolish. He will offer them nothing, and he will fail. Let him air it out and take his lumps. After his Freshmen year disaster at ND, he can take it

Mark that crap down