Panthers WR Dwayne Jarrett Admits He's Frustrated With His Role

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by SRW, Sep 21, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Matt Moore wasn't the only guy talking about the disappointment of losing a starting job Monday, as Carolina Panthers wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett admitted he was "frustrated" by being passed over by rookies Brandon LaFell and David Gettis the past two weeks. Jarrett, the fourth-year pro and perennial tease, was active but didn't have a ball thrown his way in Sunday's 20-7 loss to Tampa Bay. "I wouldn't say angry, more frustrated than anything," Jarrett said. "But what can you do? Go out there, keep working hard, and hopefully I get my opportunity. Not really much I can really do about it." Jarrett said coach John Fox informed him of the decision Saturday night, and admitted he was surprised by the news. He said there initially "was really no explanation," but that Fox later told him they wanted to take a look at some younger players. Jarrett's two months older than LaFell (who was inactive Sunday because of a hamstring strain) and just 11 months older than Gettis. "I had a good talk with coach Fox," Jarrett said. "It's not a trust factor. I guess they're trying out new things, want to see some new guys. Trying to find a rotation. And hopefully this week I can be in the starting lineup."

Source: Charlotte Observer

2. PantherGF

PantherGF KEEP POUNDING

What a surprise he is frustrated, no production when we drafted with the idea of replace Moose with him as our #2 receiver and he just hasn't shown up then again the coaches can take a lot of the blame too.