Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Lawrence Timmons

[​IMG]

2. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

Guess I look like a moron for thinking Batch was a better choice than Dixon. OMFG the Sky is falling!!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Crowned

Lol you still do if you think Batch actually did something. 2 plays made by Mike Wallace via underthrows isn't good. 2 clumsy butt interceptions. The offensive line deserves the credit for giving Batch all day, and outside of the 24 yard run the pass to Heath Miller followed by the TD run by Mendenhall and the touchdown pass to Hines right before half Batch wasn't anything special.

But coming into the thread and trying to get credit, lol at you ma'am.

4. blkngldbabe

I can only strive to be as amusing as the Chicken Littles, wailing and pulling at their hair while the boys are getting it done. Glad you got a chuckle. Was more of a hey, back off from the cliff boys than a look at me but whatever unruffles the panties I guess.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Old man Charlie...how about that 24 yard scramble...he had the legs of a young Randall Cunningham there...lol...

6. Crowned

I noted it as one of his positives... only a few of them, I love how everyones jumping on Batch though... Most people only seen his stat line i can't believe how anyone who actually watched the game is thinking he can get the job done week in and week out. Give me Ben please, thanks.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Leftwich or Batch against the Ravens? lol...

8. Crowned

Leftwich. It will be Batch though and it's cool, I don't expect us to win and I'm perfectly fine with a 3-1 start because I and most of expected worse. The league is in trouble when Ben returns.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree...I think Batch will start, but I'm not surprised if Leftwich is in the game quick. With the way the defense is playing, there's a great chance they can win. I'm thinking the Ravens take this one as well, but I don't think it will be as bad as I initially thought it would. Obviously, I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a win, but I would be surprised if they wound up 4-0 without Ben...

10. Crowned

Yea we're in Heinz field which is great for us, but Batch will make some costly mistakes. Still with a loss we're in an awesome situation, 3-1 Ben has a whole bye week to prepare for the Browns come back get a win and go from there.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

If you could pick any game to come back for, the Cleveland one would be the easy choice! God forbid he comeback and they lose that game...lol...

12. Crowned

Yea but I believe they will have a hard time stopping Hillis he just had a great game against that Baltimore D, and those type of backs are good against Pittsburgh, bowling balls that hit the hole quick (ie. McClain from Baltimore) he has had plenty of success against Pittsburgh.

13. blkngldbabe

I don't think anyone is clamoring for Charlie to start the rest of the season, and by no means was he able to boast MVP stats but average offense is by and far way better than the steaming pile of afterbirth that week 1 and 2 showed off. Again...I'm not claiming Chuck is a starting caliber QB (or ever was really) but I thought from the start that he had the playbook down enough and had enough veteran savvy to pull this off. I'm all for 4-0 and 3-1. I figured 3-1 was our bar but I'll be ecstatic if we get Angry Ben back to a 4-0 start and have him unleash his frustrations on the Stains.

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

What happens if Big Ben comes back to the Steelers and lays an egg against the Browns because he's rusty?

QB controversy?

Just asking.

15. Crowned

Nope if we lose we lose.. he's got to work his way back in somehow.

16. dad2paisley

dad2paisley Special Teamer

This game this week is going to be another battle. I believe the Ravens will pull out a win. It's going to hard with Ray Rice may be out.
    The Defense might get Cody back this week. That will stop any runners.

13-9 may be the score.

17. blkngldbabe

Mount Manboobs? We'll see. It's always an intense battle between the rivals so anything can happen. I'm sure it will be a double chin strap game.

18. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Still, from what I've heard and read, Big Ben is not as well-liked in Steel Town as he used to be. I think that some wish he played somewhere else in the league, and not for the Steelers.

19. Crowned

I think the perception has changed over the last month with him, as far as the fans go. He's too good to not put in there, end of story.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's actually totally different now. Regardless if he's liked or not, he's the teams starting QB and won a Super Bowl through the time where he wasn't "well liked." He'll be welcomed back. No doubt.

There's a good chance he will lay an egg. If he does, he does. No controversy. He's a Top 5 QB in this league. However, it's difficult to just jump back in and play like he hasn't missed any time. He should be rusty...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.