Buccaneers RB LeGarrette Blount A Bright Spot Despite Loss

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by SRW, Sep 26, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Running back LeGarrette Blount made a surprise appearance today, debuting for the Buccaneers during the second quarter just three weeks after joining the roster and before even getting a complete handle on the offensive playbook. But it turns out the Bucs had even bigger plans for Blount than the six rushes for 27 yards and a touchdown that he produced. Had the game not become so lopsided, coach Raheem Morris said, Blount would have seen more action. "Blount went out and ran the ball well, ran it physical," Morris said of the undrafted rookie claimed off waivers on Sept. 6. ". . . It could have been a different outcome if we were able to get the lead and use him the way I had planned for today. When you play a good team, it doesn’t always play (out) how you planned." Said Blount: "It is kind of frustrating to play catch-up. But if we’re down, you know you’re not going to be running the ball and you’re going to be in pass-first situations. That’s what we had to do. They had us backed into a corner." So, Blount had to settle for averaging 4.5 yards on his handful of carries. But even with the limited action, he showed he can be an asset to a running attack that has been punchless to this point.

Source: St. Petersburg Times

2. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

6 carries for 27 yards isn't anything special. Signing with the Bucs will probably turnout to be the best decision he's ever made though. He had no future in Tennessee.

3. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

:icon_cheesygrin:

1 person likes this.
  4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Watched this game from a friend's house and Blount is a no bullcrap, straight ahead runner. This kid (if he keeps his crap together) will be a force for the Bucs.

The Steelers got lucky on several Batch throws. Loss..... non the less, but the Bucs will be around during December.

5. Paintballer8791

Paintballer8791 Paintballer For Life

I met blount after the game, he is a real nice guy and seems to have a good head on his shoulders, I would be surprised if he messes up again

6. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

I'm gladly rooting against him :icon_twisted:. Was actually glad when he shunned my Niners, didn't want a douche on our team.

7. Paintballer8791

Paintballer8791 Paintballer For Life

he's not a douche man, he is a cool guy and it seems he learned from mistakes