Redskins Struggling To Execute Jim Haslett's Defense

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 1, 2010.

1. The Redskins made several dramatic changes this offseason, and the popular focus had been on the new tandem of head coach Mike Shanahan and QB Donovan McNabb, but the biggest issues have come on the defensive side of the ball the past few weeks. After a strong performance in Week One, coordinator Jim Haslett's defense has taken several steps back. The first sign of trouble was allowing nearly 500 yards passing in the Week Two loss to the Texans. Then came the loss to the Rams in Week Three, when the Redskins allowed 133 yards rushing, even though Rams RB Steven Jackson missed half the game with an injury. Shanahan says the team will stick with the 3-4 and that they'll continue to correct the mistakes, but there's no time to waste with three good teams and three hot quarterbacks on the schedule in a row: the Eagles and Michael Vick, the Packers and Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning and the Colts.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

2. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

Thats because we don't have the players to fit the scheme!

The only real fit is Carriker and possibly Orakpo, everyone else is better suited to the 4-3 for now.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yes, this is always an issue when teams go to a 3-4. personnel doesn't fit sometimes in addition to the fact that it takes a while for the players to learn the system. i think the skins shouldn't expect much out of this season. they're probably eyeing next season as a potential winner, though.

4. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

I think the scheme fits perfectly, a good amount of decent LB's, great corners, and a beast of a safety...just gotta get used to it, I guarantee they will show its true potential against my Vikes.

5. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

You got 1 out of 3 there.

The starting LB unit is solid or it would be if Wilson was in over Carter who has no place at 3-4 olb unless hes exclusively rushing the passer. Behind that though there is little to no depth.

We have one very good corner and Buchanon has been a nice surprise but Rogers has been poor and should be dropped to #3.

And yes you are right about Landry who is finally playing where he should be.