Who Are Your Top 10 CB's In The NFL?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

#1- Darrelle Revis

#2- Nnamdi Asomugha

#3- Charles Woodson

#4- Leon Hall

#5- Dominique Rodgers Cromartie

#6- Champ Bailey

#7- Cory Webster (one of the most underrated players in the NFL

#8- Cortland Finnagin (would be much higher if he wasnt up and down)

#9- Terence Newman

#10- Asante Samuel

2. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

I'm not sure if I can name off a top 10, since that seems like a lot, but I can give you five.

1. Darrelle Revis

2. Nnamdi Asomugha

3. Brandon Flowers (non-bias, the guy's a stud)

4. Champ Bailey

5. Charles Woodson

3. Jihad Joe

Flowers is good, but no freaking way he is top 5

Top 15, probobly altho there are 2 CB's in his draft class better. 3 when Talib isnt freaking someones face up

Top 10, eh, could make a case, but I dont think he is there yet

Top 5, Not even close

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Non bias huh.. You work for Fox News, don't you...?

5. Jihad Joe

Would have been 4 if McKelvin didnt get hurt

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I think mine would look something like that... With Nate Clements and either Quentin Jammer or Vontae Davis somewhere in the the top 10. Kinda weird that the AFC has better standout CB's.

7. Jihad Joe

Dont know about Clements, everything Ive heard about him from 49er fan has been negative. Jammer is a guy I really thought about. Dont think he has gotten his due after a longer then normal learning curve.

With Joseph, Im not a big fan of rating #2 CB's that high. I hated that Brown and Jenkins made the PB last year,even as much a I love Jenkins

Overall, I think 7 thru 20 or so is interchageable. I still Newman is fringe top 10. Our system is a hard system to play CB in

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

flowers non biased top 3 lmao

newman is not a top 10 CB anymore JJ, sorry...and honestly champ bailey doesnt belong on that list anymore, hes been notoriously overrated the last few years

Im going like this

Nnamdi
    Revis
    Woodson
    My boy DRC (up and down, but big time player)
    Leon Hall
    Vontae Davis
    Antoine Winfield (hes like a little CB with the build of a LB and is a phenom at the LOS)
    Asante Samuel
    Finnegan

the 10th spot is between tracy porter and talib i think

cromartie is making a comeback in NY so he might end up on this list again (he was #2 for me at one point but never really improved on his fine tuned game)

never though j-jo was all that, i love mike jenkins too especially over newman at this point in their careers.

after that its all interchangeable....flowers is a good talent, but you look to match him up against certain WRs that he excels against

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

talib is not one of the best cb's in the league. that's laughable. dude is so erratic.

i agree with ktrain that bailey doesn't belong anywhere near a top 10 list anymore.

nnamdi is not as good as people think.

hall is underrated though and may be #2 or #3.

if revis has a bad year, woodson is my #1.

10. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Nice to see Corey Webster gettin' a little respect.

11. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I agree with most of this, except cromartie i dont think has a chance to be anywhere on this list, still struggles with route recognition and panics when beat. Also as a homer pick watch out for Ladarius Webb, the guy is just coming off an acl and is a stud, in another year i think he could be top 15 to 20.

12. K Train

ryans high pressure defense is doing great things for cro....and with revis taking one guy out of the picture when his hamstring gets better....QBs arent gonna wanna have to force a erratic throw towards cro cause the front guys are in his face. cro has too good of ball skills for that. i seriously see him excelling in the jets defense. his best year was the year SDs front seven was amazing and merriman was going apecrap and he didnt have to be the #1 guys...now hes got a stud #1 and a nice NB in kyle wilson

13. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

cro seems to be thriving in ryan's system but wilson still has a long way to go to be called a nice NB. He may get there eventually but he has a lot to learn.

14. saintskickass

saintskickass Special Teamer

good to see porter get some recognition...he is a bit underratede

15. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Something tells me people are bagging on Flowers because he's only in his 3rd year and doesn't make enough interctipions, and of course, most of the guys on the lists are big-play guys, but inconsistent overall.

In the 2+ years I've seen him play, I've never seen Flowers get burned other than the last preseason against the Bucs.

People should look beyond how many interceptions someone gets and look more towards how many times they're being thrown at and how many passes they defend. I'll bet Flowers is near the top.

Lastly, no Flowers shouldn't be where he was on my list, but I couldn't think of 10 on the top of my head that wouldn't be the same as everyone else. I'd still have him at around 8.

16. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

He's been very good in press coverage but its the intermediate to deep stuff he kinda struggles against good WR's, its like their beat writer said..."i see why he has all those kids, he cant keep his hands off of people" lol. All jokes aside i think he does fit the system and he's more effective but i couldnt see him as a top 10 guy.

17. K Train

flowers is very good and hes a very strong, physical CB...hes solid pretty much across the board, unfortunatley like JJ said 7-20 in CB ranking are gonna be pretty much interchangable and in order to be among the elite you need those slash plays or that "lockdown" title

Theres a reason that in the last 6-7 years theres been 4-5 "best CBs" its a very tough position to play and guys like D-hall, Nnamdi, revis, bailey, cro, samuel have all been in that discussion....but things like dhall getting exposed when he chases the money, nnamdi being that "underrated" guy for so long that eventually he was rated just fine, that cromartie got 10 picks, hurt his hip and has been beat up on now for a while, bailey getting old, samuel being exposed as a cat, revis having one very single dominating year but still needing to show he can do it and be worth that money....its just a very up and down position to rank, while other positions dont change much at all

18. Jihad Joe

I got Webster and newman on my top 10, neither of whom are pick machines

K-Train. Newman to me is one of those guys that falls into the 7-20 range. Wont put Jenkins over him because Jenkins is still the #2 CB, he gets the better matchups. I rate Newman high in that range due to the complexity of our coverage scheme. There is alot of covering on an island and disguised coverages

19. Paintballer8791

Paintballer8791 Paintballer For Life

1.Darrelle Revis
    2.Nnamdi Asomugha
    3.Charles Woodson
    4.Dominic Rodgers-Cromartie
    5.Aqib Talib
    6.Mike Jenkins
    7.Asante Samuel
    8.Antonio Cromartie
    9.Cortland Finnegan
    10.Champ Bailey