Giants DE Osi Umenyiora Needed Injection To Play Vs. Bears

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Osi Umenyiora very nearly didn’t play in the Giants’ 17-3 win over the Bears on Sunday night - - but not because his right knee swelled up on Friday, as the Giants indicated. He actually injured his left knee in an incident at practice on Thursday, according to two sources familiar with the situation. And the injury was serious enough that he needed an injection in the knee before he could even consider playing in the game. In fact, according to one source, Umenyiora was considering not playing at all - - until he got the shocking news on Friday evening that fellow defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka was out with a bulging disc in his neck. “When he heard that Kiwi wasn’t going, he said, ‘I can’t not go now,’†the source said. “‘If I need to do something to get me out there, then let’s do it.’†That’s not exactly the picture that was painted on Friday, when Umenyiora was held out of practice because of what Tom Coughlin said was “some swelling†in the knee.

Source: NY Daily News

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Osi has really come around to gain the respect back he lost last year and in the off season with his mouth. All he's done since is become a great team player who has played his butt off against the pass and run.

3. nyg hitstick

nyg hitstick Special Teamer

^ Agreed.

Only if Brandon Jacobs could do the same.. We'd be free of assclowns.

1 person likes this.
  4. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

^ :word:

5. rodman

rodman Rookie

Osi Umenyiora

Just curious was the injection heroin?? He was killing us (the Bears) on Sunday Night.:icon_smile:

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Dude heroine is a downer.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I mean I get he was trying to make a joke, but that was too much to pass on.