Redskins Release WR Devin Thomas

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 9, 2010.

1. ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports the Washington Redskins have released wide receiver Devin Thomas. Earlier this week, reports surfaced that the Redskins were attempting to trade Thomas. Apparently the front office found no takers, and declined to wait until the October 19 trade deadline to make a move. Since being chosen with the 34th overall pick of the 2008 NFL Draft out of Michigan State, Thomas (6-2, 215) had just 40 receptions for 445 yards and 3 touchdowns in 34 games. In four games this season, Thomas has yet to have a pass thrown his way, but has averaged 28 yards on 12 kick returns, with a long 42 yards, but the elevation from the practice squad of rookie Brandon Banks, whose first touch in the NFL was a 53-yard punt return, made Thomas expendable.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2010
  2. New England could be in play if Seattle is hesitant to trade Deion Branch....

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Loved the guy coming out of college and while I would've never given the Skins a pick for this experiment, I wouldn't hate it if we kicked the tires for the rest of he season. Released Baskett and Chad Hall is next in line. Hmmm.

4. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

Really confused as to why he never got a shot this year considering out lack of talent at the position.

Hes got all the physical tools to be good so I don't see any reason why he can't be pretty successful with another team.

5. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Makes 0 sense to me. 30+ yards every return, never given a shot to even play at WR. Yeah, let's keep Malcolm 'I can't freaking play a game a season cause I'm always injured' Kelly.

Only way I see this POSSIBLY working out is if we bring up Austin later, but I hate this move. HATE IT.

6. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

I would not mind the raiders picking him up

7. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Why would anyone want a WR that couldn't do crap on a team that is starved for WR's and he's been there for years now? I always get amused with people clamoring over, oh will he go here? or will he go there? Wherever he goes, he is likely to fail and not last long.

8. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Thomas has never been given much of a chance here. Hell he single handily owned the Saints and Broncos (who at the time were still good) last year. Zorn never got him involved nor did Shanahan.

Really hate losing Devin.