Who Are Your Top 10 CB's In The NFL?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He's a beast

[​IMG]

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

You want a guy that rarely gets beat, you want Cory Webster. He's like Newman was in his prime, doesnt make alot of plays, but makes any WR he is lined up against inneffective

3. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

Nnamdi Asomugha is a top three for most peeps here.... why? i dont rember him picking off rivers twice a year... what does he really do? overrated imo.

also, with great pass rush and the trench i think team db's like the saints, steelers, pack, indy, jets, ravens maybe the pats, titans, eagles, san fran, bears ect. all have good to average cb's with enough help to stand out. idk. for top ten cb's i look for tackles for loss/sacks, picks, and forced fumbles.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

nnamdi is a very dominate player and has near perfect form.

outside of charles woodson, no one is that well rounded being a great tackler, get sacks, picks and force fumbles

guys like asante samuel and DRC are cats at tackling but have amazing ball skills and great form. guys like ike taylor are great in run support and very fast and physical but he cant catch

antoine winfield has the build of a LB and actually looks to defend the run, theres not a corner better at it, when winfield tackles you you go down...but hes small and not the best cover guy out there.

5. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Asomugha is an absolute beast, that's why he's listed as one of the top cornerbacks. As an opposing receiver, you aren't getting open on his watch, the only chance is if you have a big target that can grab a jump ball. I know Bowe has gotten him a couple of times like that. That's about the only way he gets beat.

6. King Romo

King Romo Cowboys and Yankees

FLOWERS OVER BAILEY AND WOODSON!?!?!?:jawdrop:

7. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Did you even read the second page? :icon_rolleyes:

8. Paintballer8791

Paintballer8791 Paintballer For Life

Ronde is kinda like Winfield but smaller, you agree or no?

9. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

I would take webster over Asante Samual all day. Samual cannot cover, hes a route jumper. HE has tons of problem playing physical recievers. He's more of a zone coverage guy than a man coverage guy,

10. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I'm saying this with a completely straight face, Flowers is easily the 3rd best corner in the AFC right now. Revis and Asomugha are the obvious top 2. Champ Bailey's best days are behind him. I've seen him get beat by tight ends in man coverage.

JJ, seriously? 3-4 better corners in Flowers' draft class? That's an absolutely goobered statement. Flowers was rated top 10 in that class and only fell because of his size.

My list:
    Revis
    Asomugha
    Woodson
    DRC
    Flowers
    Cromartie
    Samuel
    Finnegan
    Bailey
    Talib

11. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

I'll put in a 2nd for Flowers in the top 10, though Cromartie is looking quite good right now and Samuel has proved more over time.

12. K Train

flowers was NOT rated as top ten player in the 2008 draft, he was barley a top ten corner

i had him at 8th among corners

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (ask JJ, oh yeah he was my #1)
    Leodis McKelvin, Troy
    Mike Jenkins, South Florida
    Aqib Talib, Kansas
    Antoine Cason, Arizona
    Tracy Porter, Indiana
    Justin King, Penn St.
    Brandon Flowers, VT
    Charles Godfrey, Iowa
    Patrick Lee, Auburn

13. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Sorry, I overstated that a bit...looking back, he was a first round grade but slipped because he ran a mid 4.5 forty at his pro day and at the combine.

Anyway, a couple of pro football focus writers named him as the #3 MVP candidate in the NFL through the first quarter of the season. They threw out the stat that opposing QB's have an 11.4 QB rating when throwing at him.

14. Jihad Joe

DRC and Mike Jenkins are both better then Flowers and Talib is better when he isnt punching people

15. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I don't know much about Jenkins, I can only comment on how well Flowers is playing. I'm not sure how he could play better at this point. No way Talib is better, believe me, I'm a Jayhawk fan and love Talib. Flowers is locking down one side of the field completely right now.

16. Jihad Joe

Im not saying he's not good. I mean heck If we needed a CB and you guys were dangling him I would be all over him. He just came from a potentially historic CB clbutt.

I would take Jenkins over Flowers as Jenkins can match up better on faster WR then Flowers could, while also being able to muscle them.

Talib is hard to judge as his second year was pretty much a wash, but after his first he was probobly the best in that clbutt.

I see what your saying about watching him at Kanas, but at the ame time Im a ND fan, and John Carlson was freaking terrible his last year there, and only OK before that. Now he's a baller. Sometimes what a guy does in college in relation to the pro's is apples/oranges

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  17. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Darrelle Revis is a bit of a weiner imo and I don't think he compares to CB's like Sanders and Darrell Green or even Bailey in his prime.

18. Jihad Joe

lol.........weiner

I think its a toss up between him and NA right now, Revis is the hot name, but NA has been doing it longer. Both are great CB's, but not true gamechangers.

In pure coverage no one compares to Sanders. If you game plan to throw to his side, its a lock that eventually its gonna be 6 the other way. You want to watch a gamechanger, watch Deion in SF in 1994.

19. K Train

revis is good but hes not great....he'll never be as good as he was in 09 imo, CB is too tough to play and too easy to adjust to for offenses. there will be a new best CB in the league in 2 years

20. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Just read a stat on Flowers. He's been thrown at 31 times and they've gained a total of 81 yards. That's 2.6 yards per attempt. I know it's only 4 games, but that's a full yard lower than what Revis gave up last year (3.6).