Panthers Claim WR Devin Thomas Off Waivers From The Redskins

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 11, 2010.

1. ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports that the Carolina Panthers have claimed wide receiver Devin Thomas off waivers from the Washington Redskins. Thomas, the 34th overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, was placed on waivers on Saturday so the Redskins could add running back Keiland Williams off the practice squad. Thomas (6-2, 215) had just 40 receptions for 445 yards and 3 touchdowns in 34 career games, but has value as a kick returner and special teams player. Thomas is owed $331,765 in base salary for the remainder of the season, and is under contract at $555,000 in 2011. The Panthers will need to make a corresponding roster move before officially adding Thomas to the 53-man roster.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2010
  2. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Hell yeah! Jeff Davidson's going to have a good time with him when he becomes Carolina's Interim Head Coach next week.

3. lol The heck your talking about.....

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Boy kids really do say the darnedest things.

1 person likes this.
  5. Sad but true.....:icon_lol:

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Some of the Panthers fans on the boards and blogs are calling for Fox to be fired and Davidson to be named interim coach. But what is even more funny about starkiller's comment is that the majority of Panthers fans are calling for Davidson to be fired...

7. That's the main reason why I don't visit team boards all that much......too much idiocy for my taste.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

If Thomas gets his crap together, he could help this team...more so than Jarrett did...but that's a BIG if.

I wouldn't be surprised if this team is loading up on free agents to eventually lead to a Steve Smith, DeAngelo Williams fire sale...

9. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Fire Fox, make Davidson Interim Head Coach, then beg someone like Joe Gibbs to come back to coaching. Jerry Richardson has obviously lost his mind, so make the team part of Gibbs's pay. With Joe Gibbs at the helm, Carolina would be winning 10+ games a season.

Before you guys say anything, I know that the likelyhood of Joe Gibbs coming back to the NFL is slim to none, but he is a better coach than NASCAR team owner.

Maybe John Fox will get another job when the Chargers fire Norv Turner.

1 person likes this.
  10. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

What do you mean, gets his crap together? What's wrong with him? I must be missing something.

11. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Starts playing to his potential.

12. HailttRedskins

The few games he was allowed to play in fully, not just a couple snaps, of course we're talking last season, he did nasty IMO. Saints and Broncos he had some clutch plays.

I'm serious when I say Shanahan didn't give him a chance here. I mean almost every kickoff return he had was to the 30, now we're stuck with Simpson who can barely reach the 25.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Considering it wont let me edit what I said, 30 or more, not just up to the 30.

13. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

um.. his whole attitude towards the game.

Thomas may go on and do well with another team and i'm not sure we should have let him go but I love that Shannahan is not taking any crap and making the team his own.

14. HailttRedskins

I didn't think he had a poor attitude for the game at all. I mean like I said, maybe I'm missing something, I just didn't see it.

I agree Shanahan doesn't take crap, but at the same time I believe he lets his pride get involved more than it should.

15. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i actually think this is a good fit...not sure why thomas fell s out of favor in washington when hes clearly better than kelly