Top 5 WR's Next Year?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, May 16, 2010.

?

Best WR prospect

1. AJ Green

50.0%
  2. Julio Jones

25.0%
  3. Michael Floyd

6.3%
  4. Jonathan Baldwin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

18.8%
  1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

His injury a couple years back was just awful, but he healed fully from that. In the New Orleans Bowl (after having an amazing freshman season) he was running a route and his shin (both bones) snapped in half, but he is healthy now.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGmT2jeVzFs"]YouTube- DeAndre Brown - Southern Miss - breaks leg during bowl game (tibia and fibula)[/ame]

He missed time last year early because of that. Dude was a beast at the end of last season and with his size and a productive season he will definitely be in the conversation which is why I have him in my top 5.

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Is he a Plax/Hardy type "big" WR, or is he more agile

6'6 and could weigh a non fat 240 by combine time. Thats pretty sick

3. mike oxlong

He is faster in the game than in timed speed, and I would say potentially (I hate that word) more agile than plax, Great hands and with a big year he will definitely be up there. His freshman year was sick, it was such a shame that he had that injury and total fluke too.

4. I agree with Mike. I definitely think he should play as many years as possible in college. (that way he can distance himself from the injury)

5. Jihad Joe

He's a guy I still gotta get around to watch. Opportunity to watch Sothern Miss are few and far between and Youtube is worthless to me. Size and production as a true freshman (which is a feat) is what Ive been looking at with him

One of the things I think the Jones/Green/Floyd/Brown class could be special is that they all lit it up as true freshmen. Tells me they are very fast learners. Floyd is the only one Ive really got extended time watching, and he was least productive freshman, but looked NFL ready the minute he took the field

6. you can trust me when I say A.J. Green is NFL ready as well.

7. either Green or Jones, cant knock Jones on numbers cause he plays in a run oriented offense

8. True. However, you can blame Jones for dropping the passes he did in key situations last year. He may be a great blocker but he simply didn't show the same talent as his freshman year.

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Ive been very high on jones since forever, mid way through the season now i have it like this

Julio Jones
    AJ Green
    Michael Floyd
    Leonard Hankerson
    Greg Little
    Jonathan Baldwin

I always thought it was the big 3 WRs cause i didnt see it in baldwin, and i kinda bought into the offseason hype of baldwin but i leave unimpressed fo far. hes so stiff, runs worse routes than demaryius thomas did, and he has no quickness too him.

Little didnt evan have to play to jump him and hankerson is killin it

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I think that AJ Green is the best prospect but Michael Floyd is going to be able to come into the NFL and contribute. You really can't go wrong with either one. And Julio Jones is a close 3rd. AJ Green will go top 7 if he decides to declare.

11. K Train

floyd wont be an instant impact...hes very slow off the snap and a long strider, he is much more polished than baldwin but has many of the same flaws.

12. Jihad Joe

Floyd's major asset is his strength. He is a Fitzgerald clone to me (not saying as good, just same type). One of those similarity is that they are both dangerous deep WR not because of speed, but because of strength and positioning. I would even bet Floyd runs close to a 4.6 and it will be completely irrelevent

Honestly, I dont think Floyd goes pro. He has been decent this year playing in a new system, but in a class like this decent is gonna lose you draft spots and $$$. IMO top 20 this year, top 5 in 2012. IDK if there is a JR/Soph right now that would challenge him in 2012 (could be missing someone) If you were him, what would you want?

He is better then Baldwin, But I think Baldwins stock may be higher

13. K Train

i think he would be the one to stay, but who knows maybe not.

fitzgerald is a good comparison, fitz has a certain quickness and initial step that floyd lacks.

i hate when baldwin gets calvin johnson comparisons and it seems to be thrown around quite a bit. thats just slapping calvin in the face.

comparisons i would use are:

Julion Jones=TO

not just because its a cliche comparison, but because its so true. jones is a freak of nature athlete, a crushing blocker, a phenom after the catch, has questionable hands, and will be a much better pro WR than collegiate player.

AJ Green=Randy Moss

Another easy one....great natural hands, route running ability, and top end speed. not physical at all and is a cat because hes basically a twig.

Michael Floyd=Dwayne Bowe

Much better hands than bowe, but will probably test about the same. Physical player and tough to bring down.

Jonathan Baldwin = Demaryius Thomas

Good top end speed, poor burst, decent hands and good leaper, not asked to run a full route tree....more of a heck it im going deep kind of college player.

Greg Little=Anquan Boldin

Plays more like a TE, but has the quickness and skill sets of a WR

14. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

If Green does decide to declare I could really see the Browns drafting him.

15. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Would make sense for Floyd to stay for the reasons you mentioned aswell as 2 uyears healthy would put to bed any concerns over his shoulder. Only guy who would challenge him imo would be Alshon Jeffrey
    Plus having a ND degree on your resume isn't something to say no to

16. I think Southern Miss Deandre Brown jumps this year.

I haven't had a chance to look at most of the WR's.

17. mike oxlong

AJ Green, Jones, and Floyd

The more I see of Baldwin the less I like of him. Dude is big and has nice timed speed, but he has no ability to separate and that will only get worse in the NFL. Also, he almost comes to a stop when going in and out of his breaks. If you want a big guy with speed, I would much rather have Terrance Toliver. He has crap at QB at LSU and if he can go to a team with a good QB and given a little time, the guy will be 10 times better than baldwin will ever be.

I love Greg Little, I don't give a crap that he is ineligible. Dude will be a steal for a team in the 3rd or 4th round.

Also, for a smaller guy watch out for Jerrel Jernigan. Dude has hands of glue and can change direction on a dime.

18. K Train

i also like austin pettis and this little slot guy from hawaii that i cant remember his name as some badass slot guys

i dont like tolliver at all, imo hes the worst most recent LSU wr prospect....bowe, davis, doucet, lafell>tolliver

19. why??

20. K Train

Toliver hasnt really produced much in any role at any level. He was the #1 WR prospect in HS over guys like dez bryant and has completely failed at living up to those expectations

imo hes nothing special, when i look at him i see a black jordy nelson, which isnt bad but i think hes still living off his name as a draft prospect

i think hes like the 7-8th best senior WR prospect, and a 4th round guy at the very best probably lower though. i will say hes got some good straight line speed and plays kind of physical but like i said bowe, lafell, davis, doucet>toliver as pro prospects