Cowboys WR Miles Austin Takes Blame For Loss Vs. Vikings

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Dallas Cowboys receiver Miles Austin was kicking himself for getting an excessive celebration penalty in the 24-21 loss to the Minnesota Vikings, but it looks as though it wasn't even his fault. Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said he talked to Carl Johnson, the NFL's vice president of officiating, and the excessive celebration penalty wasn't actually on Austin. It was on Sam Hurd. Hurd, apparently, flashed the "Hook 'em Horns" sign like Roy Williams always does, making it a choreographed celebration deemed illegal in the rulebook and Austin leapfrogging Williams in the end zone after his teammate's score was not deemed a problem. Austin still had called his leap "dumb" and said he was disappointed in himself for a push-off that resulted in a pass interference call in the second quarter, nullifying his 68-yard touchdown catch. "I was just kicking myself until 4 in the morning," said Austin, who then kicked himself for 10 more minutes in front of the media at Valley Ranch on Monday. "To do anything that would even jeopardize the well-being of the team is crazy and unexplainable."

Source: ESPN Dallas

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2010
  2. nyg hitstick

nyg hitstick Special Teamer

I agree. All your fault Miles.. you should sit yourself down for a gm to teach yourself a lesson!

3. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Why should anyone on the Cowboys celebrate a freaking touchdown. How about after you win a game, morons.

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

It wasn't Austin who got flagged for the celebration. It was Hurd who was giving the love sign not the hookem horns sign.

1 person likes this.
  5. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Roy31, so then technically, he shouldn't have been flagged, since it wasn't a coordinated celebration.

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Sure, Hey in the big picture of things the flag meant nothing. But it's happened on back to back weeks were we've been burnt by bogus flags on celebrations.