Donovan McNabb - Should The Redskins Re-Sign Him ?

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by smeags, Oct 21, 2010.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

wanted to see what the skins fans here think. wondering how you fans feel. seems the national media is now pointing out the flaws eagles fans were griping about for years. funny how we were just a bunch of negative people just pouring it on another great philly athlete.

anyway, not trying to make this a bash or back mcnabb thread. rather a discussion about a qb who is going to be looking for another big payday and if the washington fans think he is worth it.

obviously this is not just a discussion to have now and the season has quite a bit to go so it should be an ongoing debate.

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Yes. He still makes big plays that help win games and you don't give up a high 2nd for a 1 year rental. Also he has a crap o-line, running game, and receivers.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

couple of problems with that.

1- this is the redskins we're talking about

2- it's ultimately up to mcnabb if he stays or goes

4. SoDev

Well yea, they are idiots if they don't get it done.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

personally i think mcnabb is the qb in minny next season but i wanted to see what skins fans and others thought about him so far.

6. SoDev

Possible... go ahead, get his butt out the division, then trade Vick to the Skins... :icon_rolleyes:

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

This

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I think mcnabb is gonna take a last chance at a championship and go to a team like the vikings rather then just take a payday to end his career on a average team with no chance to win a superbowl.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

what big plays ?

10. SoDev

Whatever smeagle... just look when he beat you guys... he may of only had a handful and his numbers sucked as a whole, but the few plays he made with his arm and legs were the difference in the game.

11. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

He'll get a pay day wherever he goes really. Obviously Minnesota has no problem paying massive amounts of money to a QB.

With all the griping the 49ers do, I wonder if that's a possibly landing spot for him too. :icon_frown:

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

so the skins running attack didn't have anything to do with it ? reid's heck up at the end of the 1st half ?

i still think the guy can play but i see the same things i saw here. his running out of bounds late in the skins game is the only reason the eagles had a chance at the end.

no doubt he will be a starter somewhere next year but where ? he hasn't re-signed and he's in the last year of his contract. to me it says he has no intention of staying in d.c.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

washingtonpost.com

vintage

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

god **mn you Smeagle! The ONE upside I saw to 5 getting traded was I had hoped to stop havin to listen to idiotic vitriol after every thing he says. ...but I suppose I should have known that none of you could let it go that easy.

As usual 5 is dead on in what he said yet you bash him for what? Not saying. Your right my footwork is terrible and I suck at playing QB. I hereby tender my resignation from the league.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

again your love for his dna clouds you and it was too hard to resist pointing that out because it's again a deflection and i knew it would tickle you pink. the guy can never just say yeah, i need to work on that. no, he has to deflect.

one day you'll have kids and understand how it's one thing to hear this from a 6yr old but pathetic to contiually hear from a grown butt man.

but get beyond that, read the article. at this stage of his career he needs to work on his foot work ?

15. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Should they resign him...........Yes

Should they have out themselves in a spot to where they have by 1: Giveing up the middle of two very strong drafts for McNabb 2: Not acquiring a young QB to groom..............No

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

to make it worse i still see zero chance mcnabb re-signs. why would he ?

btw - stellar game sunday.

17. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

Id say it depends how well the team does this year and if the coaches can convince him that the offense is going to be improved in the off season.

His numbers haven't been great so far with a number of his throws well off the mark (which has always been what you get with him) but the protection and the performance from the receivers has been poor.

I hope he resigns and I think he will.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

assuming there is no lockout mcnabb is going to get offers from other teams next year. one of which will be the vikings. i just don't see him re-signing with the redskins if that chance comes along.

19. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

If im Washington i'd give him a managable 2 yr deal, long enough to groom a young QB.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

that offer doesn't make a whole lot of sense.