Some Vikings Players Believe Coach Brad Childress Should Be Fired

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by BigBlueBruiser, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Vikings coach Brad Childress should have already coached his last game in the opinion of some Minnesota players. And amid the chaos, Vikings owner Zygi Wilf has been soliciting opinions from veteran players regarding how much support remains for Childress. One veteran said: "I think there was a great window of opportunity this past week to make a change." That player says the issues are the same as in recent years but have become more intolerable because of the team's 2-5 record. He says Childress has never been popular in the locker room. One player described Childress as untrustworthy. Another said: "The players have had enough of his BS. He needs to go."

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2010
  2. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Not to mention, HE CUT RANDY MOSS. Without permission from the GM or the owner. His butt should have already been in the unemployment line.

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Wrong.

He should have been cut the first year that Favre played for the Vikings. No head coach that I know of would have let Favre call his own schedule regarding training camp and organized team activities. Totally ridiculous!

4. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Ragman, if he shouldn't have been fired for the way he handled Favre, he definitely shouldn't have been given a 4 year extension for Favre pulling one out of his butt. Extend a guy who has done nothing to give the team stability at the most important issue..... And was hated by the fans even last year when the team was 12-4

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm not a Childress fan at all but if you write down the results that you want out of a head coach, Childress has fulfilled them up until the debacle of 2010.

Having said that, he's a douche bag in the mold of Andy Reid...what would you expect...

6. If they lose to the Cardinals....he deserves to be fired.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Just the fact that "playerS" think he should be fired is reason enough. He obviously has none of their respect...

8. Not a stretch to say Brett Favre was one of them.....

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

...you think? lol...

10. :icon_cheesygrin:

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Childress' press conference after today's game? No wonder the players don't like him...idiot...

12. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Thats a typical press conference for him too, ward.

13. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

I think the writing is on the wall. Childress needs to go, although yesterdays win may have earned him a reprieve.

14. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

he should be gone come january. i can be patient until then.

15. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

The inmates ate running the prison

16. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

That started happening when Favre told Childress he wouldn't be attending training camps and organized team activities.