Cowboys Vs Giants

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by ollysj, Nov 10, 2010.

?

Who will win this game?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2010.
  1. Cowboys

28.6%
  2. Giants

71.4%
  1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

yeah i seen that too on NFLN didnt see it during the game...........

yall still good man but remmeber rivalries are always harder no matter the record but the Gmen d was off i mean yall been killing qbs and Kitna freaking KITNA put up 3 tds and 300thing yds so i say something was off

2. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

the giants secondary got worked due to blown coverages. Gave up too many 3rd and longs not to mention those big plays. That TD that Nicks had called back broke the back. The Giants would have been down 6 with 7 minutes left or something like that.

Woulda shoulda coulda, they lost. They got burned on defense and got bad oline play. manning had all day to throw. Those two picks werent really on him.

3. This one will hurt for a couple of days....but I've got my mind against the Eagles otherwise.

4. The CO2

The CO2 Don't pray, just play!

WOW! The Cowboys pulled this one off? Impossible! :icon_twisted:

Congratulations Cowboys

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Yup is thought it was a good game..... let them enjoy it today and then get ready for the lions

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

This

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Go Cowboys!

(I need a shower. I feel dirty saying that.)

1 person likes this.
  8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

9. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

thanks for now, we got y'all x2 still yet.. so giants might be thanking us, later. :)

good game giants, i had us ruled out on this one. all of them cept lions, and cards actually. but.. a division win, ftw.

10. The CO2

The CO2 Don't pray, just play!

For some reason, I have a feeling the Cowboys may be able to beat the Lions. Don't hold your breath, though.

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

be careful what you wish for. the eagles still have to play the cowboys twice and if the cowboys are playing their A game, they will be tough for anyone to beat down the stretch.

12. New day...new perspective. This was a wakeup call that we needed.

We'll be ready against Philadelphia this week.

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Let's not go crazy Capt. The giants lost this game alot more then the Cowboy's won it

14. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

I went back and rewatched the game (DVR). There were some glaring mistakes the Giants made:

They decided to play a majority of the game in a cover 2. Nothing wrong with that except it left them vulnerable in mid field as they decided to have the safeties play outside. That gave Austin the easy post routes. You would rather get beat down the sidelines than in the middle of the field. The other big mistake on defense was on the screen pass to felix jones, they had no linebacking help in the zone area. No one accounted for Felix Jones.

Here is where you have to give credit to the Cowboys, their offensive line played like they pulled the 1993 era offensive line out of retirement. They gave Kitna time to throw, most of the time he was hitting 3 step drops anyway. You have to give credit to Garrett for using the screen passes as a part of the running game. They targeted Terrell Thomas with Dez Bryant. Dez Bryant is just flat out a dominant receiver, I dont think it would matter who was covering him.

Dallas' defense still wasn't all that good. The Giants lost 21 points yesterday. a holding call from Beatty on the goal line score by Jacobs (the next ensuing play was the pass that hicks didn't finish the inside route on, easy pick 6 for Dallas), the terrible holding call by Boothe on hicks 47yd TD and the TD that hit Kevin Boss is the helmet after going through his hands. That's actually a 28 point swing. That's huge. Where I am concerned a bit is the Giants for the second game in a row walked away with no sacks. After awhile, you have to start dialing up a blitz to free up that line. They cowboys used a lot of protect schemes to help too.

Where the Giants exposed in this game? No. This was a combination of a desperate and cohesive Dallas team needing a good performance and the Giants just playing lousy football. I wouldn't say the Giants gave this game away, I will say the Giants had every oppurtunity to win this game.

The positives of yesterday's game for the Giants? Not many, but we can put to rest any idea that losing Steve Smith was going to hurt the Giants. Manningham filled in nicely. I don't think he can be covered in the slot spot. The other positive area other than the penalties on the Offensive line help, was they protected Eli all game. Andrews nailed Demarcus Ware all game. It's time to use Petrus at the LG spot, over Boothe.