How To Spot A Real NFL Jersey

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by 86WARD, Nov 21, 2010.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Came across this site and seems like a real good resource so you don't get scammed thinking you are buying an authentic NFL jersey...

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

2. khmd245255

khmd245255 Rookie

LOL I like $30 dollars better then $300. Especially when you have to "look close" at the "Tag" to see the difference

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

In my experience, most of the $30.00 jerseys are obviously fake and noticeable without looking at the tags.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

most but not all ward. i bought a celek reto replica knock-off in the parking lot of week one and the only way you ccan tell is the font used on the tag which is closer together than the authentics.

$30.

but you do have to laugh at the guys walking around in jets green cunningham and reggie white jersies.

5. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Yeah I don't think I had any illusions about my jerseys but heck I do own more fakes than I thought - pretty much everyone I have that was bought online so that's like 15 of em.

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I'm okay with fakes at that price difference. Still feels like quality when you're wearing it.

7. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

How to spot a real NFL jersey: It's on the field on Sunday.
    I'm fine with my knock-offs.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

hoping the wifey gets me this one xmas

[​IMG]

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

That's sweet, I just don't get too into the event patches, and that has a pretty big one. Cool otherwise imo

10. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

A lot of this stuff comes down to snobbery. If people spend $300 on jerseys then more fool them to be honest.

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I've always thought it was foolish of people to buy authentic jerseys rather than replicas. Replicas normally last long in my experience, and I care more about what the jersey represents than the cash spent on it.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

There are deals to be had on the real deal...just have to find them.

13. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

True, but I won't trade sexual favors to other gentlemen, thank you very much.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Then you're not a die hard fan...lol.

15. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I've never spent 300 on a jersey

Most of my jersey are replicas I have one authentic one that my dad bought me.....but thts his style he likes nice things .... but I thinks its bc he grew up pretty poor

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

i get authentic knock offs for less than replicas can bought for in the stores.

all jersies can last a long time. the issue is too many people toss them into a big load of wash and then dry them. this is especially true for authentics.

if you're not going to get them dry cleaned they need to go into a gentle cycle (inside out) and then line dried.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

NEVER let them hit the dryer!!