Vince Young No Longer The Titans Starter After Ugly Postgame Scene

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans' started by SRW, Nov 21, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

An agitated Jeff Fisher said that Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young may need surgery to repair a torn flexor tendon in his right thumb and would be out for the season if that is the case. More critically, Fisher said that Young has lost his job and that there are some things that have to be worked through. Fisher said he was told Young threw his shoulder pads and jersey into the stands before leaving the field and that Young said something to him after the game that will be kept private. Young, whose third-quarter departure was cheered by the Titans fans on hand, dressed quickly and rapidly walked from the locker room and out of LP Field before speaking with the media. Teammate Michael Griffin, wearing only gym shorts and socks, chased after Young and appeared to catch up to him en route to the parking lot but came back a moment later by himself.

Source: The Tennessean

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
  2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

It's nasty in Nashville.

3. What a punk.....Griffin should've kicked his butt in the parking lot.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Vince Young needs to grow the heck up

5. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

:hobie:

6. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Wonder if he really is done. They don't really have a quarterback at the time, but Young's hurt anyway. Is this the last year of his contract? It'll be interesting to see where he lands if Tennessee lets him walk. He's still talented but his inconsistency is a killer. I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans draft a QB in the early rounds in April.

7. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

I think his contract goes through 2011, as it's almost identical to Mario's... although given the big jump in salary from '10 to '11, and the cheapness of Bud Adams, I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone.

8. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

QFT. No team discipline there now.

9. khmd245255

khmd245255 Rookie

I dont understand Vince young is mad at jeff fisher because he sucks?

10. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Looks like the Vince Young era is over in Tennessee. This had to be the straw that broke the camel's back after Fisher's comments. It looks like this was just the final nail in the coffin.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

can't say that i'm surprised this happened considering this jackass's past. freaking cat.

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

RaIders maybe

Wow dude basiclly threw a tantrums

What a douche

13. 1. Jeff Fisher is a great coach.

2. He needs to restore discipline in the locker room and that starts with the coaches being disciplined. (looking at you Chuck Cecil)

3. Vince Young needs to get gone. We need to trade him/cut him after the season.

4. We CAN NOT turn into the Cardinals and NOT get another great QB. We need to draft a guy early in the draft or make a trade for a QB like the Eagles Kevin Kolb.

14. Would Bud Adams actually choose Young over Fisher?

Or interestingly....the other way around?

Should be interesting.....

15. I actually thought about this. I think there is about a 5% chance it happens. (I hope anyway)

If Fisher is booted out of town by Adams I think Jerry Jones will swoop him up.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

the titans may also be able to get mcnabb but if you want to go younger kolb would be a good choice. he'd florish with that running game behind him.

17. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

How would you feel about having Jason Garrett as the Titans next Head Coach? I am thinking that Jeff Fisher will quit if Vince Young stays. Given Adams "cheapness," I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to hire Brian Schottenheimer, but I don't think he would want to come and deal with the VY situation. He could also go with Denny Green who can probably be a calming effect to Young.

18. yeah I think they go young. Mcnabb is still a great QB but unless they want to draft a guy I think they go with Kolb (even though if they do go with Kolb they'd have to give up a 1st rounder)

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

well I'm really hoping Young goes so we keep Fisher.

Garrett would be ok I guess. He has done pretty well with the COwboys so far. I haven't always been a big fan of his play calling but I think he could make a good h.c.

I don't see Green being realistic. He has had plenty of chances in the NFL.

19. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i went back and looked at some of the threads around the time of VY's big meltdown and when he initially came 'back' to the league but wasn't a starter ............... My feeling at the time when he was demanding to be traded and the other crap he was doing was that he really wasn't 'cured' .............. apparently he's still psycho.

-----------------------------------------

Read more: http://gridironfans.com/forums/late...nies-titans-qb-vince-young.html#ixzz162eZl3An

Read more: http://gridironfans.com/forums/late...-qb-vince-young-wants-play.html#ixzz162eiYvNf

20. lambertjr

lambertjr FNG

I think we won't see Young in a Titans helmet again.