Jets Coach Rex Ryan Says Game Vs. Patriots "Marquee Game Of The Year"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BigBlueBruiser, Nov 26, 2010.

1. The showdown is set, and Rex and the Jets are ready. Immediately after New York topped Cincinnati 26-10 on Thursday night -- with no overtime or last-minute heroics needed this time -- the Jets turned their attention to their next opponent. Yep, those pesky New England Patriots. "It's the marquee game of the year," Jets coach Rex Ryan said Friday. With both winning on Thanksgiving, they are tied for the NFL's best record at 9-2, and that sets up a meaty Monday night matchup on Dec. 6 at New England. "It's not going to get much bigger than that," Ryan said. "So, the fact that it's a divisional game, I guess the only way it would be better if it was the last game of the regular season. But this is pretty good right here." No doubt about it, and the hype should kick into high gear when both teams return to work Monday after a three-day weekend. "Ridiculous," right tackle Damien Woody said. "I can't even put it into words." The Patriots are coming off a convincing 45-24 victory at Detroit, and have won 25 straight at home with Tom Brady as the starting quarterback.

Source: NFL.com

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Wouldn't the Super Bowl be considered the marquee game of the year?

3. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Yeah, but Rex isn't going to coach in that, so this will have to do for him.

1 person likes this.
  4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

:Loco:

rep.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not even one day after beating the Bengals the teams ready for the Pats. Nice...lol.

6. dough21

dough21 Go Pack Go!!!

Ryan is an arrogant pr**k and I wish nothing but the worst for his team. Sorry Jets fans.