Cowboys WR Roy Williams Says "I Lost The Ballgame"

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by BigBlueBruiser, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams tried to do something good for the Cowboys on Thursday and ended up doing something bad. "I lost the ballgame," Williams said. "I'm accountable for what I did. Put it on me. I let my team down." Leading 27-23, the Cowboys went into their four-minute offense in hopes of closing out New Orleans and quarterback Jon Kitna figured if they could run eight plays, the game was finished. On a third-and-6 play from the Cowboys 42, Williams broke free on a slant pattern, and caught the ball in stride and had more than the first down. In what Saints coach Sean Payton called "a heart play that inspires everyone," Saints free safety Malcolm Jenkins caught Williams and went for the football, and Kitna compared the sensation Williams experienced at that moment with the "scary" sensation of going downhill out of control. Williams lost his grip, and the Saints recovered at their 11, who then scored the winning touchdown five plays later. "I'm disappointed, because I let my team down," Williams said. "I know this is a team game, and the defense had a chance to stop them, but it wouldn't have come to that if I had just fallen down or been tackled. "I could've put the nail in the coffin on that play. We had the momentum swung our way, and it was 'W.' If I had just been tackled or long-jumped my way into the end zone, we would have won the game."

Source: Dallas Morning News

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2010
  2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

All in all I think it was combination of things that enabled the cowboys to lose the game

3. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

He really wasn't even being sloppy with the ball, it was just a great defensive play.

4. King Romo

King Romo Cowboys and Yankees

I know he did..But i'm not NEAR as upset with him as I was with Alex Barron week 1.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He's right in that knowing that had he held on to it the Cowboys most likely would have won. Being on a national stage like that couldn't have made it any easier. I can't imagine he had much sleep.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Since when was Roy Williams a CB?

7. Omen

Exactly as I said before the saints got the ball at the 10 and our D let them go 90 in a little more than a min

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

WTF? Why are there so many excuses for him here? He holds on to the ball, game is over.

I hope I get as many passes as I see here if I heck up doing my job that royally.

9. Omen

No doubt but you can't hang the whole game on him....he real didn't fumble the bad he had a good hold just jenkins dis a great job of stripping it

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

No top receiver in the game would have fumbled right there

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Truth.

12. dough21

dough21 Go Pack Go!!!

Roy Williams can catch the hard to catch passes but he also drops the easy ones. Not to mention he seems to put the ball on the ground a lot, as he did in this game. With the ascension of Miles Austin and Dez Bryant, I say cut your losses and rid yourselves of Williams next year.

13. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Not a huge deal we've all moved on nobody's really looking back at that. Well, I suppose Roy is but you catch my drift lol. You make some good points Dough but I much rather keep him than dump him. It all depends.

14. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Had he not said this you (Cowboys fans) all would be trashing him. That's my only comment on the matter.

1 person likes this.
  15. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

i think the bigger issue is Dez Bryant acting like T.O. because he wasn't getting the ball

16. Omen

nah did you here Troy say he was acting like michael

If you say so

17. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Brings me back to the point. Can we Saints fans blame Reggie Bush for the Cowboys even having the chance of winning then? Really. Let's not blame it all on ONE player.

Roy Williams was stripped. Awesome how one person mentions the great play of Jenkins in this whole thread.

The defense indeed let them go 90 yards to score. Where's their blame?

Or, why not blame Buehler? He missed the game-tying kick.

Simple thing is, the TEAM lost. Not one player. Just like the entire Saints team laid down and let the Cowboys crawl back into the game, anyhow. Sure, certain players had mistakes that led to it all, but in the end - it's over. Nothing you can do to change it.

1 person likes this.