Let Us Know Who Your Favorite NFL Team Is And Why!

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Mar 26, 2005.

?

So who is your favorite NFL team?

1. Buffalo Bills

26.1%
  2. Miami Dolphins

1.9%
  3. New England Patriots

1.9%
  4. New York Jets

2.2%
  5. Baltimore Ravens

1.9%
  6. Cincinnatti Bengals

1.1%
  7. Cleveland Browns

1.1%
  8. Pittsburgh Steelers

4.9%
  9. Houston Texans

0.7%
  10. Indianapolis Colts

1.9%
  11. Jacksonville Jaguars

1.1%
  12. Tennessee Titans

1.1%
  13. Denver Broncos

1.9%
  14. Kansas City Chiefs

3.0%
  15. Oakland Raiders

3.7%
  16. San Diego Chargers

1.9%
  17. Dallas Cowboys

5.6%
  18. New York Giants

2.6%
  19. Philadelphia Eagles

3.7%
  20. Washington Redskins

4.1%
  21. Chicago Bears

3.7%
  22. Detroit Lions

2.2%
  23. Minnesota Vikings

1.9%
  24. Green Bay Packers

2.2%
  25. Atlanta Falcons

0.4%
  26. Carolina Panthers

1.1%
  27. New Orleans Saints

3.4%
  28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

1.9%
  29. Arizona Cardinals

1.5%
  30. St.Louis Rams

2.6%
  31. San Francisco 49ers

6.3%
  32. Seattle Seahawks

0.4%
  1. FANDICK

FANDICK HERETIC ZERO

Wow...look at the "plethura" of Bear fans.

:?

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

You can thank a little incident over at a bears site for that. We had a former mod go over there and try to recruit people to come here the wrong way and Sweets went over there to cool things out. Next thing you know she's friends with the admin and the members and got some cool people to come over here and join.

3. mooseman

mooseman Starter

I'm a Browns fan. Been one my whole life. Why?? Because I like to cheer for losers thats why.

4. Daaa Bears!! Been a Bears fan for a while. Me and my old man used to live in Downtown Chicago for a few years but he had to move here for work so yeah it sucks. No worries though i'll be moving back to my sweeet home chicagoo very soon!

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Glad to have ya here 54..enjoy!!!

6. cowboyznut

cowboyznut Guest

want to start out by saying...bearsfan...your story touched me and I'll keep you in my prayers...and haven't been thru anything like you....but I understand the concept of having that constant.....I grew up an abused child and at the time..baseball was probably the thing that saved my life...just having that thing that never changed...and I live east of cleveland so being a Tribe fan had its only challenges back in the day LOL Never been a Browns fan....even less of Modell fan...my family are all Steeler fan....lived thru the Lambert, Ham, Bradshaw days....terrible towel nightmares...LOL although the steelers and the browns had some good games. Always been a Cowboys fan...just always gravitated towards the star...Dorsett is one of my all time favorites...Hennings...and then the Triplet Era...Ive just always been one of those fans that just enjoyed watching the games....have since boned up on my X's and O's...I visit a lot of sites...a lot of different teams....regulary...and one thing I've learned is we're all just fans....

7. Sharkenstein

Sharkenstein Guest

Panther's fan here. Looks like the first one here too. Either that or the poll isn't counting it right.

Either way, GO PANTHERS!!!!

8. DJChief11

DJChief11 Guest

I grew up in Kansas City, and recently moved out here after living there for 20 years. It is impossible to root for another team after living in KC.

Two things I miss are the tailgating parties and awesome barbeque. North Carolina BBQ just does not compare.

9. aidsman1707

aidsman1707 Starter

well, i'm a seahawks fan pretty much because i've lived here in seattle my whole life. and i used to go to church with mac strong, he's a pretty cool guy.

10. SRW

We don't have many Seahawks fans around here but we have lots of 49er fans. So feel free to rub it in their faces when the Seahawks dominate the once-kings of the NFC West yet again this year.

11. My favorite football team

Suffice it to say that it is no big State secret that my favorite team is the Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts. As a matter of fact, I have been a fan of the Colts since 1970(seems longer). I am not sure when the defining moment was when I chose the Colts as my team(I was in grade school).

Could've been the unis for all I know. But one thing is for certain--I have always been a fan of underdog teams(Been a fan of the Cincinnati Reds since 1973). I have stuck with the Colts through the good times and the bad(mostly bad until recently--thank you Bob Irsay rest your soul), and yes it was no fun as you can well imagine. Makes it more palatable since his son Jim took over. I probably wouldn't be posting this if the Colts had drafted Cryin' Ryan Leaf instead of Peyton Manning(again thank you Jim Irsay), Edgerrin James, Marvin Harrison, and Reggie Wayne(Many thanks Colts braintrust).

So in essence, I am a Colts lifer and proud of it!!

12. Rush

Rush Dexter > All

I am a Chicago Bears fan because my dad was. We would go watch the game at the local sports bar around the corner every sunday. It is a great way of bonding. When I started getting into Football ALOT around the age of 10-11, I knew about as much as the common fan. Now I am a self-proclaimed Brainiac. Last year was awesome for us even thou we got knocked out against Carolina in our 1st game, it was a great ride. I love the Chicago Bears.

13. HARRYJ

HARRYJ Starter

The Philadelphia Eagles have been passed from generation to generation in my family. I first went to an Eagles game with my grandfather and my father. There are pictures of me in Eagles gear from about the age of 10. I use to be a season ticket holder back when it was affordable but now I only go with my son (27) 1 or 2 times a year. My grandfather and father are long passed away and I miss them more every time I go to a game without them! They were EAGLES fans! I told my son that I would buy 3 season tickets when he gives me a grandson. That would be a great completion of the circle! I can't wait!

14. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Nice story, Harry.

15. HGhost

HGhost Guest

I'm a 49er fan. Basicly it was because it was my fathers team as I was growing up, so they were always on the TV, and my dad even used to print all the team related arcticles of the net and bring them home, so they were always the team I was best versed in.

The interesting thing of it all to me is that if the Raiders would have never gone to LA, I would have been a Raider fan. My dad left Raiders fandom after feeling screwed by Al Davis, when he took the money and ran to LA.

16. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

Alright..I just got thru reading 9 pages of this thread and the only team not reped around here is the Rams.
    I'm off to recruit some ram fans!

17. SRW

We need some more active fans for pretty much all the teams outside of the 49ers, Cowboys, Eagles and Bears. They seem to be the most vocal group of fans here. Everyone else as a whole seems to be afraid of

[img:82:25:a0fb8607ff]http://forums.gridironfans.com/templates/subSilver/images/lang_english/post.gif[/img:a0fb8607ff]

and

[img:82:25:a0fb8607ff]http://forums.gridironfans.com/templates/subSilver/images/lang_english/reply.gif[/img:a0fb8607ff]

18. reigningblkngold

reigningblkngold Minister of defense

Well its pretty obvious I'm born and bread in steeltown next to the steel mills is were I grew up seeing highlights of the steel curtain which got me loving defense what else can i say its in my blood!

19. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

My father was born and raised in Irwin, PA. My grandparents and almost all of his side of the family lives there. My father went into the Navy and was stationed in Philly. That's where he met my mother and where I was born.

Back when the Phils and Pirates were in the same division and bitter rivals, oh the smack we would talk back and forth.

20. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

Hey..Don must have felt the best when you guys beat the Rams..1st title.. revenge for the Captian. :twisted:
    Maybe one day the Texans will beat the Titans to make the Superbowl (not holding my breath).

memo to titan fan!
    ONE YRD SHORT SNITCHES! :twisted: