Tom Coughlin Sat In Dark Room For 2 ½ Hours After Loss Vs. Eagles

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by BigBlueBruiser, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Long after the Giants had suffered one of the biggest collapses in franchise history, Tom Coughlin sat in a darkened room inside his home, alone with his thoughts as he attempted to deal with the fallout. "I sat in a room with the lights out for about 2½ hours," Coughlin said Monday in the wake of Sunday's humiliating 38-31 loss to the Eagles, in which the Giants surrendered 28 unanswered points in the final 7:28. When he told reporters about this somewhat haunting behavior, which he apparently has engaged in after other difficult losses, there was a good deal of laughter. It was almost as if everyone thought Coughlin was joking. "It's not funny," he said. "It's not the way it's supposed to be. What was I going to do, join in on [the] festivities?" Someone asked Coughlin if he talks to anyone in particular to bounce ideas off after a loss. Evidently, he doesn't. "My wife [Judy] ignores me, and I don't have a dog," he cracked.

Source: Newsday

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Emo q***r. Bet he cried and cut himself too.

1 person likes this.
  3. smeags

smeags militant geek

seriously, wtf is with all this fell bad for me drama. waaaaaaaaaahhhh my wife and family dont understand someone give me a hug.

christ, YOU FREAKING LOST. move on you freaking whimp.

4. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Repped.
    No less of a pansy butt little cry baby then the rest of the fan base.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6Tn0Ie-AQ]YouTube - Giants Fan in Shambles[/ame]

5. Dfence

Dfence Special Teamer

And thus the lack of class by Eagle fans is shown in spades....

When you actually do care about how well your team plays and you want to do everything to put your team (and players) in the best place to succeed, then you do need time to self-evaluate what you have done and whether there was anything else you could have done to change things.

Oh, and on some of the other Giants fans and the way they are acting, I agree that they simply are reacting badly and not thinking (at all) about the overall situation and the game. Sometimes there really isn't anything you can do when a player like Michael Vick decides to play out of his skin.

1 person likes this.
  6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This has to be the silliest damn thing I have heard in a long time.

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I picture this playing on an endless loop in the ole coots head.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clq01TXQR0s]YouTube - Johnny Cash Hurt[/ame]

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

leave it to a chick in scottland to have this opinion.

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

easy guys keep it on topic. This is not Smack Central.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

what, we can't laugh at coughlin like all of the reporters did ?

11. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

That's what film sessions are for. Dark rooms are for having s*x with ugly women, not crying in the corner by yourself like a twelve year old with no friends. If he was that bothered by it, be productive and go watch the tape right away. Don't waste your time being all "woe is me." Not only do you look like a snitch, but you're definitely not getting any better. Go home and get blackout drunk on whiskey or something like a normal person.

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i'm surprised coughlin didn't hang himself after that debacle .............

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Sure you can.

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This might be the thread of the month. Screwin great replies.

15. Rich7880

Rich7880 HOLD ME!

He was busy shining his superbowl trophy, Eagles will choke like every year!

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

cliff lee says merry christmas.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  17. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Don't sweat it Chief. We lost a battle, but we are still in the war. Focus on GB.

[​IMG]

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

You jinxed it.:icon_evil:

19. And Michael Vick accused us of Poor Sportsmanship.

There is such a thing as being a bad winner you know. :icon_cheesygrin:

20. Word.