Eagles QB Michael Vick Said He Would Select Himself As M.V.P.

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by BigBlueBruiser, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Michael Vick's MVP pick? That would be Michael Vick. Asked after practice Friday who he would select if he had a vote, the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback said, "You put me on the spot." Then he added with a smile: "I would take ... myself." Vick and Patriots quarterback Tom Brady are widely considered the top two candidates for the award, which has been won or shared by a quarterback 17 of the past 23 years. Brady leads the NFL with a 109.9 passer rating and in his past nine games, he's thrown 21 touchdowns and no interceptions. Vick's 103.6 passer rating is third-highest in the NFL which leads the NFC and he also has 613 yards rushing and has run for eight TDs -- more than all but nine NFL running backs.

Source: Associated Press

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2010
  2. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Vick has had a career year. But IMO Brady will get MVP.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You've been money all year, son. It's gonna come down to the last two games, but you get my vote for doing all of this with one of the worst offensive lines in the league.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

I'd say Brady tho Vick has gained my respect/admiration for finally taking his game beyond just a raw talent level.

5. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

I think he gets OPOTY and maybe CBPOTY

6. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

Hard to say who will win but I have a feeling it will be Brady.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i don't really give a crap who actually wins the award ......... i personally think the more troubling part of this story is that vick seems to place some importance on the mvp award, which would be concerning if i were his teammates. is he regressing back to his selfish, self-centered ways?

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

By answering a reporters direct question you interpret it as him reverting to his Atlanta ways?

9. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Wonder what Brady's answer to the question would have been. I doubt he would have said himself. I remember one time he said he values MVP's in a Super Bowl more than anything else, since that means they probably won. Vick is just being a little cocky, and nothing really wrong with that, but being diplomatic works better.

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You're reaching. A lot.

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I think Brady's answer would be..... I love c**k. But I like to think that's his answer to just about everything.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

you should be used to this from the capt by now.