Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles Anticipates Playing Sunday To Win Rushing Title

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by BigBlueBruiser, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Todd Haley has declared the Chiefs approach for this Sunday’s rematch against Oakland: The Chiefs will “play to win†despite already clinching the AFC West Championship. The AFC’s third seed is still up for grabs, but clinching a higher playoff position isn’t the only source of motivation for Haley heading into the regular season finale. “Like I said, the stage we’re in for this team, we’re still in the developing foundation-laying period for this team,†Haley reiterated on Wednesday. “There are some teams that can think like that, I don’t think we’re one of those teams, I know we’re not.†But what Haley had yet to say leading into Wednesday was whether or not his starters would play Sunday’s game in its entirety, he hinted at playing KC’s regulars, but when asked directly, Haley left the door open on his handling of personnel. “I don’t know what we’re going to do,†Haley said of his substitution plan on Monday. “We’re going to do what we think gives us the best chance to win. That’s where I’ll leave at for now.†Wednesday, Haley clarified the Chiefs personnel approach for Week 17 a more concrete statement. “We’ve gone through the whole year and we’ve had some games where we’ve had the game in hand and there have been games where we have got (substitutes) in there, but (the approach) won’t change,†Haley said. Inside the locker room, many of Kansas City’s regulars are preparing for a similar workload this weekend as well. “We are going out there to win this game,†RB Jamaal Charles said. “I might play a lot this week and I’m still trying to get the rushing title.â€

Source: KcChiefs.com

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2010
  2. Charles will be in elite company if he wins the rushing title while averaging over 6 yards per carry for the season.

3. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

If he got anywhere close to the number of carries that Foster has had he wouldn't need to play Sunday to win the rushing title.

4. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

if he does win...that would be something else... he would win it as not a featured back.

5. I think Charles would set the record for fewest official starts to win a rushing title. Charles only started six games this season.

6. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

rushing title superbowl ring no problem

7. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

this has been great week here in cali all 3 cali teams eliminated and our chiefs in playoffs win over raiders will seal the deal

8. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Chiefs definitely a surprise team this year. Glad to see 'em get back into the playoffs.

9. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Chiefs fans are glad to see them back in the playoffs too! Now we just need to win a playoff game! :icon_cheesygrin:

But BEFORE that, let's beat Oakland cause some Raider fans are driving me nuts with their talk of how they're the best team in the division, and if they beat us Sunday, it's gonna prove that...right, that's why they'll be sitting on their couch watching the playoffs....:icon_cool:

We need to wrap up the #3 seed and stay undefeated @ Arrowhead AND let Jamaal Charles have a chance to win the rushing title...That would be awesome!!! :icon_smile:

10. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

what bandi said :iwin: