Ryan Vs. Brees

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Arrowhead4Life, Dec 30, 2010.

?

Who the better option?

Poll closed Jan 3, 2011.
  1. Matt Ryan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Drew Brees

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. So the debate came up in a discussion me and my friends were having as a conversation of NFL the other day. It came down to everything you could put on the table and nothing could prove the other wrong. With the way Matt Ryan has accerlerated his game this year as a QB there is no telling how many rings he could have at the end of his career.

I know Drew Brees arleady has a ring but he has also been in the League alot longer then Ryan but with all that aside these two are alot alike as Quarterbacks. Both great leaders in the huddle, stride through the comeback and clutch time. Same division. Very Smart out and inside of football. Carry the swagger needed to take an NFL team and call it your own. Their isnt a throw these guys cant make, great poise and prescense in the pocket with nice arms and accuacy.

We even went off stats and the only thing that seperated these two was yards which Ryan doesnt have to throw for 400 yards a game with a stellar run game and defense. In my opinion both have equal weapons to work with and can make any reciever look good. 2 pro bowlers coming from the same division in 2010.

What are all of your thoughts on this and who would you take and why?

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Matt's a good player.

Brees is an elite player.

Until Matt carries his team through the playoffs, I'm taking Brees.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I seen on another board the Ryan vs Rodgers discussion, but this is just ridiculous.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not close. Brees.

5. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Brees is in an offensive system to put up numbers that Ryan cant compete with due to the run game we have.
    Brees is better now, in 3 years? I'd say Ryan will be...the amount of 4th quarter comebacks he already has in just 3 years is astounding he has 8 in 3 years but has had 5 this year and they inclue ones over the Jets, Ravens and bears...the current record is 36 and he is on pace to break that with ease, as he has only been to playoffs once i think thats a decent measure with how he will cope with the playoff spot light, i think he will end up with 2 rings though

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

7. Brady>Manning

Brady>Manning Rookie

too soon buddy. even if just comparing this season ryan has had the advantage of a great run game and limited pass attempts. I'd like to see how he responds when that run game gets shut down. Brees, even just speaking about this season is better. Although its undeniable that ryan has the potential to surpass brees in the long run. Ryan is the more accurate passer, has the poise of a seasoned vet and the luxury of blossoming early in his career where brees took many years to solidify his status as elite. speaking of the falcons why cant they get a real nfl receiving corps? they havent had a valid core of receivers since chris chandler was playing... Roddy white has done well but almost by default.. that guy is a number 2 receiver anywhere else. They have needed a legit deep threat forever.

1 person likes this.
  8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

what am i 'taking' the qb for?

if you're asking who i would take right this minute to go win 1 ball game, it's not even close. it's brees.

if you're asking me if i were the g.m. of an expansion franchise in our first year and i had a choice between brees and ryan, i would take ryan because i would feel pretty comfortable that i had a young q.b. who could be my franchise q.b. for the next 10+ years. brees is i 7 or 8 years older and i would probably only get a few more productive years out of him, if i was lucky.