Vikings QB Brett Favre Says He's Sure He's Going To Retire

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Jan 2, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

In what has become a nearly-annual tradition, Vikings QB Brett Favre again signaled that his NFL career may be over. Favre spoke after watching the Vikings' 20-13 loss against the Lions in Detroit from the sidelines with lingering symptoms from a concussion sustained in Week 15 against the Bears. "It's been a wonderful ride for me, and one game, one season, does not define me," said Favre. He went on to say that he was proud of his accomplishments and that he nothing else left to do from a playing standpoint. When pressed on whether this really is the end of his playing days, Favre appeared committed. "It's time, I mean, I know it's time. And that's OK, it is. I hold no regrets. I can't think of too many players off-hand that can walk away and say that, " said Favre. The QB acknowledged that there will be doubters that's he's really done, especially after he came back from two previous retirements. "People will say wait and see, but that's OK," said Favre.

Source: USA Today

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
  2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

He should be shot like a wounded race horse if he doesn't.

3. P J Shaker

P J Shaker GO BLUE!!!

we should just find the original thread for the this from 2006 and re-birth it..

I will be happy when the whole Brett Favre saga is over, I have never seen a person turn to loved to hated so quickly...the guy is a grade A douche

1 person likes this.
  4. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

QFT. Rep.

1 person likes this.
  5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Give it six months, he'll be back.

6. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Anyone who truly thinks he'll be back at this point IS an idiot.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'll be disappointed when he retires...lol.

8. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

stick a fork in him.. no way he returns after this seasons on and off the field problems

9. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

It's reached the point, I don't think anyone wants him. Makes retirement easier that way.

10. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

A Cowboys fan insulting me? NO WAI!

He may not be back, but I'm pretty damn sure he will at least try.

11. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

So, what country do you live in?

12. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

wat

13. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Unlike years past, I do believe Favre this year when he said he's done. He's 41 years old, his body is beat to hell, and has every record a QB can accomplish. What is left for him? Now, i'm sure the media will have fun with starting more Favre comeback rumors in june or july but even all good things for the media must come to an end.

14. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

:icon_cheesygrin: I think he's been reading your posts. By the sentence structure, I'm guessing Eastern Europe.

15. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Favre his finally done, it's ashame he will be remember for the last 4 seasons of bullcrap.

16. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

He has nothing left to offer any team - he can claim 'retirement' but he's as wanted in the NFL at this point as Jamarcus Russell. I'd rather have Jake Plummer under center than Favre.

17. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I hope he really really really means it this time....was that enough really's? Ok...:icon_cheesygrin:

18. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

im not buying it lol i was a sucker 4 the last 4 years.

19. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Stick it to the Packers, Bears, Saints and Vikings. Another SB, MVP, Pro Bowl. He still can improve his INT record and, and, and.... :icon_cheesygrin: