The Next Step For The Kansas City Chiefs

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by Arrowhead4Life, Jan 10, 2011.

1. I would like to start off by saying that this season was a very successful one and full of memories. It was a great stride for this team and showed good signs for the future moving forward. That being said this young team still has alot to work on.

1. Depth-This team has quality starters but some of the backups at each position are just horrendous especially in the secondary. If this team is going to take that next step in trying to qualify into a consistent playoff team then they must have more then just starters. A backup Quarterback would be nice also seeing as we all saw what happened when Cassel went down this season and how it effected the team.

2. Picking up a Quality #2 WR- In my opinion this offense is one reciever opposite of Dwayne Bowe from being an elite offense that is scary as any in the league. Bowe, Mccluster, Moeaki, Charles, Jones are all great weapons for Cassel to have don't get me wrong but in order to elevate everyones Cassels as well as the rest of the offenses especially when we face a quality team such as Houston, Indy, Baltimore, Oakland, and San Diego who can we can't compete with in a shootout with as of now we need to have next threat or we could be in trouble in games such as this past season.

3. Haley needs to be head coach- Todd Haley still is learning how to become a head coach and its obvious with some of his actions this past season. He needs to learn to be head coach and trust his staff to take care of the rest. Im not saying its bad for Haley to get on the staff but he just needs to not give up on em so easy when things go bad and trust in the system. I think besides Weis' son heading to Florida that this Rookie like act was the reason for Weis' departure after 1 year where he helped develop Cassel and put up major improvement with the #1 rushing team in Football. Hopefully Haley gets over his little issues next season and lets the rest of the coaches coach.

4. Take in Cassel- I know not everybody likes the way Cassel plays or the type of Quarterback he is sometimes but if their is one thing thats true about him he puts his heart and soul into what he does each and every week and is as tough as they come. We saw how much he truely means to this team this past season and the strides he made by getting better and better each week. I truely believe that Cassel is making the right steps towards being a consistent and threatening quarterback in this league. Im not sure if he will ever qualify in the elite category but I will gladly after this season say that he is the future of the Kansas City Chiefs and that we can win games under his control and I welcome it with opens arms which I think everyone else should as well.

This is a young team with a bright future and This past season was just another good step towards becoming a good team. Just a few more years till everything comes together and who knows what this team will be capable of.

Thanks for reading and please leave your true honest thoughts and opinions.

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

My honest thought is that with Weis out of the picture and Haley calling the shots, the offense is going to take a step backwords. Haley thinks he is superman and can run a team and the offense and it isn't the case. Pass rusher is a need opposite of Hali, the o-line still needs a lot of work. Jones is up there in age so getting a runner like him is a need to complement Charles. And Charles needs touches early in the game to the bruiser back can finish off a tired defense, not the other way around.

3. I agree in all aspects except for the saying in the offense will take a step back. Sure Haley can be an butt but eventually someones gonna give it to him even if Pioli has to step in. I think it will be fine once someone else gets the coordinator postition. Regardless though I dont see the offense taking a step back with an offseason full to add things and tweak it around.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

haley and mcdaniels have huge egos.....weis did brilliant things with the offense this year, haley thinks hes gods gift to offensive playcalling after a few years of having the best WR duo in recent memory at his disposal in AZ.

this team has all the foundations for a great team. a solid QB, a LT, a RBBC with two RBs that compliment each other perfectly. a big, physical WR, an extremely impressive TE, a great corner, a great pass rusher, a young and extremely talented dline (tyson jackson needs to step it up). idk why the hell they didnt make a move for boldin in the offseason, it would have been perfect. not to mention a safety that was brilliant yesterday for the most part and has an extremely bright future

i like this team alot, i think they are in a position to take over the afc west in the nexxt few years. chiefs and lions have a knack for drafting players that i love...bastards

5. Haley has an ego I agree but we all know its not as near as big as Mcdaniels. We tried to make a move for Boldin but the Ravens outbidded us at the last second.

6. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I think our next big step should be hiring an OC...because Haley being the OC and HC both doesn't work...been there, done that and don't wanna try it again, thank you.

Yes we need a reliable backup QB, and also an elite WR.

We'll be OK...:icon_cool:

7. I definitley agree. He needs to focus on his job and thats head coach. Let the playcallers (offensive coordinators) do what they are paid to do.

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Pioli needs to bring in a Head Coach and make Haley OC after drafting a WR. K Train hit it. When Haley had Boldin, Fitz and Breston down here, he was god. And having Kurt Warner tossing it didn't hurt. Haley cannot be HC & OC nor will he leave an OC alone when hired. Been a season ticket holder of the Cards since 2005 and for as much as you don't want to hear it, Haley has the type of ego that makes it tough for people to co-exist. mj is probably right as well. The offense probably will take a hit with Haley calling the shots....and he will.

Go ahead, fire away!!

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Haley said today that he wasn't necessarily going to be the one that will be calling the plays for the Chiefs. They will be doing a search and whomever it is, has to be compatible with Haley, the current coaches and Cassel. He's not going to do it himself or name someone to do it for the sake of doing it. If he can't find anyone, he's going to do it...

10. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Let's all pray he can find someone!!! :icon_redface:

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

But with Haley's ego will it be a real OC or just a yes man puppet.

12. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The latter. A real OC just left.

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I know dude, which freaking sucks.

14. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

im just hoping Cassel grows from Weis' teachings. whoever becomes OC, will have a sweet seat with the #1 rushing attack in the league. RT was a problem in passing downs. drafting some1 in the first 3 rounds should help the O-line. A true NT would be gr8 as well. Verabel has shown he cant run anymore during the playoff game so another OLB would help. im sure our secondary will improve alot next year. Carr seems 2 benifit alot with Crennel's teaching. and another WR, that can stay healthy, and stretch the field.