Jets C Nick Mangold Fires Back At Patriots WR Wes Welker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 15, 2011.

1. The Patriots toed the Bill Belichick line yesterday, preferring to let Wes Welker's deadpan jabs at Rex Ryan's alleged foot fetish speak for themselves. Jets center Nick Mangold wasn't going to take the insults lying down, though, firing back at Welker and Belichick last night in similarly subtle fashion on Twitter. "Wes Welker is a great player," Mangold wrote. "He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate." Mangold was slyly referencing the Patriots' infamous video spying incident in 2007, when Belichick and the team were fined a total of $750,000 and docked a draft pick for taping the Jets' defensive signals. The salvo from Mangold resulted from what a Patriots source confirmed was Welker's intentional decision Wednesday to reference feet and toes 11 times during a 15-minute media session as a way to mock the Jets' bombastic coach. Welker refused to comment when approach by a group of reporters yesterday, blowing them off by saying: "Nah, I spoke yesterday." The source said Welker's teammates were beside themselves with laughter in their positional meetings after his subtle handiwork became a national sensation, drawing humorous headlines around the country and plenty of laughs on Twitter and Facebook.

Source: NY Post

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2011
  2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Shut up kids. Just play the damn game already. Oh and Nicky, you sound like someone just hurt your feelings with a "yo momma joke". Suck it up big boy.

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I love the double standards we hold them to. This was at least cleverly done and funny.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]

5. butkusmydick

butkusmydick Rookie

Nick Mangold is a douche. Can't believe he said "Stay Classy, Foxborough" when Foxborough didn't do anything.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I admit, I laughed at this. Nothing like a footfetish - spygate fight to make me forget about missing the playoffs.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I thought it was pretty funny. They're football players, not comedians. This stuff definitely adds to the appeal of the game to me.

8. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I'll admit I laughed, this is rather comical and I cant wait to see how hard they go when they get out on the field.

9. flexnfx

flexnfx flexnfx

New England=Tainted TitleTown