Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco Would Love To Play For The Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Rex Ryan wants both Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards back next season but the Jets head coach doesn’t know “how feasible it’s going to be†to re-sign both wide receivers. If the Jets can’t bring the pair back, Ryan apparently can have a new dynamic duo. Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco –- who like to call themselves Batman and Robin –- said they would love to play for Rex and be Jets on their reality show “The T. Ocho Show.†It’s probably an unlikely scenario but that didn’t stop Ocho and T.O. from talking about it. “They will make it to this point every year," Ochocinco said about the Jets, who made it to their second straight AFC Championship Game. "I'd do anything to play for someone like Rex Ryan or anyone who has that type of mentality." Owens put in his bid to play in green and white. "I'm jumping on that bandwagon, too, because I was thinking the exact same thing, Chad," Owens said.

Source: ESPN New York

2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

That would be too much ego in one location.

3. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

This would be truly epic.

4. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Ummmm...it failed in Cincy...why would it work in NY?

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

TO is an instant upgrade over Braylon. Ocho is an upgrade over cotchery. HBO would have to sign a deal to keep the cameras there all season.

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

yeah cause theyd be allowed to run their mouths all year lol

7. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

and the "team" would fail. Want stats and ratings do it....want a ring forget it.

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

GTFO with that bullcrap. If your gonna suddenly start posting alot again now that your team is back in the SB your gonna have to do better then that.
    Jets>>>>> Bungals
    Ryan>>>>>Lewis
    Sanchez>>>>>Both Palmers combined
    LT/Greene>>>>>Benson

9. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

OK...how many times has Ocho Cinco been to the Super Bowl? When was the last time Owens team won a ring? These two get way too much credit. I simply stated that that combo did not get Cincy to a ring and I don't see why it would in NY. They have talent but that doesn't get em a ring.
    Is there a problem with me posting Phigles?

10. mrcomeback09

mrcomeback09 Rookie

I agree with the first two but there is no way that Sanchise is better than Carson and the same can be said about LT/Greene... LT in his prime yes but now he's over the hill idk about that and Shone Green isn't even that good... The best thing about the Jets is their Defense

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Holmes+Edwards>TO+Chad Johnson

12. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Um.........No.

Would love to see this happen, though.

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Don't get all sensitive sally on me dougerr. I am thrilled to have you back posting. Just wish you wouldn't post such inane crap as comparing the Bengals to the Jets as if they were the same thing.
    Braylon Edwards has always and will always been RIDICULOUSLY overrated. If I'm building a team next year and get to choose 3 of the 5 then I'm going with Holmes and Owens for sure and letting Cothcery/Ocho battle it out for the 3rd. Edwards can take his stone hands elsewhere

14. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Edwards had less drops and caught a higher percentage of balls thrown his way than TO this year.

15. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Phigles, I don't think Edwards is all that either but if I'm putting pieces in place to take my team over the hump and get past the championship game it's not gonna be two huge egos and only one of those really knows what it takes to get to the big dance. Owens imo is probably a better fit than Chad because he's been on great teams....Chad hasn't and I feel he might be an even bigger team poison than Owens. Owens though is definitely on the downhill side of his career. Surely there are one or two better wr's out there that would be better for the Jets than these two. Also...weren't the Bungles in the playoffs the year before? So adding Owens to that mix didn't help them.
    I will not say that the Bengals are the same as the Jets but I think that Batman and Robin in Gotham City will only work in the comic books.

16. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Touche. It's well thought out statements like that which make me glad to have you back.

17. mrcomeback09

mrcomeback09 Rookie

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbURAM7tVFQ]YouTube - Terrell Owens: Leave my Quarterback Alone![/ame]

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Which brings me back to Sanchez>>>>>Palmer. Did you see the crap they are referring to as targets to TO. Seriously Carson was attrocious all year

19. mrcomeback09

mrcomeback09 Rookie

Henne>>>>>Sanchise but Palmer>>>>>Henne so Palmer>>>>Sanchise and it's safe to say that great QB's don't come out of USC

20. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Your initial premise and therefor your entire thought process is wrong.