Panthers To Meet With LSU CB Patrick Peterson

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Sweets, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

LSU consensus All-American cornerback Patrick Peterson is ambitious, wanting to convince the Carolina Panthers to choose him with the first overall pick of the draft. Peterson told National Football Post that he'll meet with the Panthers tonight. He also has meetings with the Houston Texans, Miami Dolphins, Denver Broncos, Washington Redskins, New Orleans Saints and the San Francisco 49ers. The Jim Thorpe and Chuck Bednarik Award winner conducted a workout for NFL teams today at the Senior Bowl. The star junior is projected to go within the top five selections of the draft in April after declaring early for the draft. "I believe I can bring a lot to the table," Peterson said during an interview at the Renaissance Riverview Hotel in downtown Mobile. "I can bring shutting down the offense's No. 1 receiver. I can take away one side of the football field. I have a tremendous amount of focus and confidence in myself to be the best on the field. "My goal is to be No. 1, that's the ultimate goal. I have to work extremely hard each and every day. It's an open game right now We'll have to see what the NFL draft has to bring."

Source: National Football Post

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

hes my #1 player and has been for a while....cant see them taking a corner #1 though

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Me either......if thwu go with him though does that mean that clausen has another shot

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

There not going qb with #1 pick, they either trade back or get one later on. So the if they draft pp7, won't answer the question until day 2.

5. bambam

bambam Rookie

I think they are really targeting Bowers or Fairley

6. K Train

i think green is in the mix too

7. Omen

Aj? From uga......

8. K Train

yeah with a new deal in place you can take a WR #1 without the serious salary implications that came with taking a position so risky without a rookie cap.

green is the consensus #1 and they need a big time reciever if clausen is gonna have any shot at all, green is very pro ready.

fairley is tough....as much as hed like to be, hes not suh and DT is a risky position to take really high and hes got some of those dreaded KARAKTER KONSEERRNZZZ but one year wonders at DT are tough because college DTs dont always translate to nfl trenches

im not high on bowers at all, hes slow off the snap and not a high motor guy....hello jamaal anderson. i like quinn at DE more personally

9. Omen

Yeah ah is good and your right about time thwy they got that rookie cap

10. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

glad to see he spoke with the Saints. guess he said hi to them passing by them.