Raiders Owner Al Davis Says Lions WR Calvin Johnson Has Done Nothing

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by 86WARD, Jan 25, 2011.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Calvin Johnson, the fourth-year pro and former No. 2 overall pick out of Georgia Tech, just completed his second 1,000-plus-yard, 12-touchdown season in the league. Beloved by Lions fans and fantasy football enthusiasts worldwide, Johnson has emerged as one of the league's top receivers, a star by anyone's standards. Well, anyone not named Al Davis. Davis, owner of the Oakland Raiders and leading curmudgeon of the NFL, spilled his feelings about Johnson in a recent press conference. When asked about the success of the Raiders' two most recent drafts, Davis responded: I think we've been very successful the last four. I think we're always pretty good. The thing that hurt, is the question someone asked, JaMarcus (Russell) hurt a great deal. But the ones they wanted to take instead of JaMarcus, Brady Quinn, hasn't played yet. There was some talk of Calvin Johnson. But you can take a look at Calvin up at Detroit. How many games did they win this year, Detroit, do you know? Six? Yeah. But up until now, Calvin hadn't done anything for them.

Source: NFL Fanhouse

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2011
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Classic Al!

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

easily a top 5 WR in the league and russell is easily the biggest bust of all time...yeah good pick al

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Senile is what comes to mind

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I guess he feels that DHB is his champion. :Loco:

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

::facepalm::

8. bambam

bambam Rookie

Blithering idiot

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

HGBH. Haters gonna be hatin.

10. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

what has the raiders done? what a joke

11. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

"They only won what six games"

Al....have you not looked at the Raiders record since 2002?