Raiders Committed To Building Offense Around QB Jason Campbell

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by SRW, Jan 31, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

If there was any doubt whether Raiders head coach Hue Jackson is a fan of quarterback Jason Campbell it was washed away during the coach’s recent appearance on Sirius/XM Radio. “He’s a pro. I mean the guy comes in, he comes early, he stays late, he wants to be the best at what he does,†Jackson said on-air (via the Oakland Tribune). “He’s young, he’s talented.†Under Jackson, Campbell had one the best seasons of his career in 2010, despite twice being benched in favor of Bruce Gradkowski. Unlike the Tom Cable era, Jackson has vowed to build the team around the quarterback and not vice versa. “Our job is just to make sure we create the right environment around him so he can be the best he can be,†Jackson said.

Source: Football News Now

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Well this is nice.

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Hue, have you cleared all this with Uncle Al? I feel sorry for Jason when he falls out of favor with Uncle Al.

4. Good choice, the guy is talented. Hopefully it works out for the worst though....

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Do I detect sarcasm? The Raiders were 6-0 against the AFC West... just sayin.

They still fired Cable though so they might just go back to being a joke.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He had some great games last season coupled with literally a few of the worst performances I've ever seen from any quarterback at any level of football ever. Like forever ever. If he can be more consistent and we improve the line a little more there could be something there.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd like to see Campbell with a steady offense to see how he performs....

8. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

[​IMG]

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I don't think it's called sarcasm, I'm not really sure what it's called.

I always want the best competition on the field when we play a game.

I've stated my opinion that Campbell is a quality QB in the NFL.

Where's that post from when we was makin' a GIF football team, and we all had to pick a coaching position? I was the QB coach and wanted Campbell over Tavaris.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Who dat?