Jets Strength And Conditioning Coach Sal Alosi Resigns

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Sal Alosi resigned as the strength coach of the New York Jets on Monday. Alosi was originally suspended indefinitely in December after he apologized for intentionally tripping Miami Dolphins player Nolan Carroll from the sidelines during a punt. He had been the Jets' strength coach since 2007. "After speaking with Sal, he decided that it is best for him to tender his resignation at this time," Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum said. "We appreciate all of Sal's contributions during his tenure with the team. He played an invaluable role in our success and established what we feel is one of the better strength and conditioning programs in the NFL." The Jets were fined $100,000 by the NFL after it determined that the team formed an illegal wall, from which Alosi tripped Carroll. Earlier this month, video surfaced of the New England Patriots forming a similar wall in a game against the Jets in September. "I'm thankful to have been a part of the New York Jets," Alosi said. "I am especially grateful to Mr. Johnson, Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan for allowing me the opportunity to be a head strength and conditioning coach in this League. "I have many fond memories, including earning my first NFL job in 2002. After the events that have transpired, I feel it's best for my family and me to look for a fresh start. I wish nothing but the best for the entire organization."

Source: USA Today

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011
  2. "I resign as S&C Coach of NYJ".......

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

"Yes, two Big Macs extra cheese Sal. What's so hard to understand about that?"

4. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

unemployment line here you come dude... your job is expendable VERY expendable

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

What a rod, he's lucky he had the opportunity to resign. He needs to be at a middle school next year.

6. mrcomeback09

mrcomeback09 Rookie

He won't get unemployment because he quit...