Patriots QB Tom Brady Named AP's Offensive Player Of The Year

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by BigBlueBruiser, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Tom Brady threw 36 touchdown passes and just four interceptions, posting the fifth-best passer rating in NFL history while leading the New England Patriots to an NFL-best 14-2 record this season. On Tuesday, he was rewarded with the Associated Press Offensive Player of the Year award, as exclusively announced on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access." Brady, 33, recorded his second-best marks for touchdown passes, completion percentage (65.9) and passer rating (111.0) while throwing for 3,900 yards as the Patriots won the AFC East title and headed to the playoffs as the conference's top seed. New England was upset by the New York Jets in the Divisional Playoffs. Brady, who also was honored in 2007, is the sixth multiple winner of the award, which has been presented since 1972.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He earned it without a doubt in my head. He shredded some of the best defenses in the league week after week (Steelers,Bears,Jets, Packers)

3. Brady has earned my respect.....just an outstanding season.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Easy choice. I'm sure Chris Johnson thinks he deserved it in one way or another...

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

His is coming next year with his 2500 rushing yards.

6. bambam

bambam Rookie

:laughy32:

7. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

In 18 games

8. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Aw c'mon, are you saying he doesn't? Congrats to Brady...awesome season!

9. He killed it this year

10. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Good to see him back to form. He was not a 100% last year, coming off the knee surgery, but still didn't have a bad year. I was a bit surprised on the broken foot suffered early in the season requiring surgery. He really is a good guy, and almost seems embarrassed when he wins awards. He makes sure to acknowledge his teammates for a major part of his success. What I like about him the best is his desire to win. As all teammates current and past will attest, the man hates to lose at anything. Good attitude to have in your starting QB.