Redskins QB Donovan McNabb Says He'll Focus On "Being A Better Quarterback"

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by BigBlueBruiser, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Quarterback Donovan McNabb was in front of television cameras on Tuesday, but behind the scenes he is waiting for a resolution on his status with the Redskins. McNabb was a guest on ESPN’s SportsCenter with Mike Tirico from Dallas, site of Super Bowl XLV. “As of right now, I’m definitely a Washington Redskin,†McNabb said. “I signed a contract to be with them for the next couple years and that’s the way I’m treating it.†McNabb said that his agent Fletcher Smith would meet with head coach Mike Shanahan and general manager Bruce Allen to “iron some things out†in terms of his benching last season and his future with the club. “[The benching] is something that happened in the year, obviously,†McNabb said. “And it’s one where we’ll have questions and we’ll want to sit down to go over everything that’s happened. “[Coaches] have been evaluating the last couple of weeks, so we’ll hear what their answers are on what we’re doing next and we’ll go from there.†McNabb, who was at Redskins Park last week and on Monday of this week before traveling to Dallas, was asked if he could still be the Redskins’ starting quarterback given how last season played out. “Well, there are a lot of things that have to be answered for all parties,†he replied. “But at this particular time, I think it’s important for all parties to keep everything low right now. I think the less said, the better. “When the time comes when we do sit down, we can kind of iron it out and be able to move forward.†In Tuesday’s interview with Tirico, McNabb said he planned to spend time this offseason focusing on “being a better quarterback.†Asked to explain, McNabb said: “There are a lot of places [I can be a better QB]. Any time you get settled or satisfied with what you have been doing, you’re missing out on a lot of good things that you can accomplish. “For myself, I think you have to go back to the basics. If it’s your drop, if it’s eliminating a false step, if it’s getting the ball out quicker, seeing something a lot faster, whatever it may be, it’s something I will prepare myself on going into the 2011 season to have a wonderful season.â€

Source: Redskins.com

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
  2. Doesn't really have a choice