Jets RB LaDainian Tomlinson Says He Will Retire If Released By Team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BigBlueBruiser, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Two weeks after the Jets’ Super Bowl-or-bust season came to a premature end, LaDainian Tomlinson admitted that he’s willing to take on a reduced role in 2011 to help his team reach the promised land. However, the future Hall of Famer also said last night that he hasn’t ruled out the possibility of retirement if he remains in limbo for an extended period of time. Tomlinson has one year remaining on his two-year contract, but the Jets haven’t definitively told him whether he’ll be back or not. “Part of it really does suck,†Tomlinson told me in a quiet moment during his “Project 21†fundraiser for his charitable foundation last night (more on that below). “It really does for me. To be in limbo… sometimes, I just want to say, ‘You know what? I’m just going to retire.’†“It’s kind of a messed up feeling to be in,†he added about being in limbo. “Because I feel like we had a great season. Things went well. But here there’s questions about whether I’m going to come back (with the one) year that I have left (on my contract). So who knows.†General Manager Mike Tannenbaum said last week that “we expect him back,†but added that “these things could change.†“I expect him to contribute for another year,†Tannenbaum said. Tomlinson rushed for a team-high 914 yards and 51 receptions in his first year with his new team. In the twilight of his career, Tomlinson, who’s scheduled to earn $2.4 million in 2011, simply wants his role to be clearly defined and told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News that he doesn’t have to be the starter anymore.

Source: New York Daily News

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2011
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I think he will be a Jet in 2011 if there's football.

3. FdMstng99

FdMstng99 Man of Steel

I can't see him being released, he had a solid season.

4. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

shon green could be a great rb imo. with LT, it takes some of the load off and gets green ready for the next few years. i tihnk he will be back. last year they kept richardson the full back just beacasue hes a class act teammate and leader. LT could fulfill that role

5. he did well. there's no reason why he should be released

6. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

ohhhh no... here we go again:icon_rolleyes:

7. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

So all he wants is his role to be clearly defined? What the heck is that all about? You are a running back, you run the play called and if you get the ball then make a play. What the heck else does he want? I swear.....he's been developing a Favre-esque vag**a of late.