Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Says 22-Game Season Would Be Doable

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by BigBlueBruiser, Feb 3, 2011.

1. The NFL will have no trouble playing 18 and even more regular-season games if it can persuade the players to accept an expanded schedule, Jerry Jones, the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, said Tuesday. “It’s something we certainly have had the ability to do,†Jones said at a news conference in Dallas. “We’ve had the ability to go to 22 games, had we wanted to as owners without anybody’s approval. We haven’t done that without the approval of players. Certainly, we want players to buy into what we do on a going-forward basis.†As part of the talks to forge a new labor agreement, the owners have proposed turning two of the four preseason games into regular-season games. The owners argue that adding two regular-season games would generate more revenue through additional advertising, television rights and other sales — money the players would share in. “They will be paid if the pie grows,†Jones said of the players. Preseason games are unpopular with many fans, especially season-ticket holders who must buy tickets to the games, in which stars typically play very little. The players, however, have said that the current 16-game regular season is long enough and that two extra games will lead to more injuries.

Source: New York Times

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2011
  2. UK 49er fan

UK 49er fan Rookie

22 reg season games might be a bit of a stretch, don't see a problem with 18 games though. If the CFL can cope with it,.....

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Jj is.high

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

6. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Put on some pads and a helmet and prove it you old heck.

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

This, riic

8. FdMstng99

FdMstng99 Man of Steel

Just more games for the Cowboys to lose.

1 person likes this.
  9. he just wants it for the lulz

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah and getting another plastic surgeon to first the 1st one's heck up on the face lift is doable too jerrah.

11. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

dude, just stop

12. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I can buy into the 18 game season but I don't know what kind of dope Jerry is smoking... 22 games? Really dude?? Damn, pass that crap this way!

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

With a 22-game season, Romo might have made it back for game 20 or 21, so I kinda see his point.

Still...I don't even agree with 18 games...

1 person likes this.
  14. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32:

Good one JJ...maybe then you can earn enough coin to turn the heat on in the stadium for media day you cheap heck...

15. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

:laughpound: