Eagles QB Kevin Kolb's Trade Stock Very High Around The NFL

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Feb 27, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

After interviewing GMs and coaches at this week's NFL scouting combine, Clark Judgde of CBS Sports writes that he would be surprised if the Philadelphia Eagles don't wind up trading quarterback Kevin Kolb since there just seems to be too much interest in the guy -- and too many teams willing to bid on him -- for the Eagles not to consider a move. The Eagles haven't said that Kolb is for sale, but they haven't said he isn't, either. Coach Andy Reid is a staunch supporter of Kolb and wants to keep him -- as he should. Kolb is young, he is proven and he is under contract for another season but the Eagles may be offered a deal they can't refuse. League sources seem to believe Philadelphia can and will get what it demands for Kolb, partly because he is proven, partly because he has a future and mostly because he's better than what's available in the draft.

Source: CBS Sports

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2011
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

3. Franchise 5

Franchise 5 Rookie

He's going to Arizona if McNaab doesn't.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Even tho I dont see Kolb as worth anythuimg more then a 3rd, I can see why teams would value him high. He was almost a 1st round pick thats been developed already

I also want to point out that Clarke Judge is the third biggest goober in sports journalism, after Pete Priscoe and Don Banks

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

He's proven?

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Ya.......but thats why I wouldnt give up more then a 3rd for him

7. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

not a surprise that is trade stock is high. I believe he will possibly go for a player and a few draft picks

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, i noticed the same comment in the article. this author took a huge liberty using that word to describe Kolb. No one really knows for sure what Kolb is. Kolb 'could' be the next Matt Schaub but I wouldn't say Kolb has 'proven' anything thus far.

9. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

He's had like 1 good game.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

wrong but that's ok.

kolb is not proven. he's not a bust either. he has a bunch of potential and has shown, via a small sample, that he can excel if given a good situation.

none of this matters though unless a new cba is signed before the draft.