Carson Palmer Vows To Never Play For Bengals Ever Again

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by SRW, Mar 1, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Quarterback Carson Palmer has said he no longer wants to play for the Cincinnati Bengals, according to a WCPO-TV report Tuesday. The two-time Pro Bowler and former Heisman Trophy winner reportedly told a confidant: "I will never set foot in Paul Brown Stadium again." Palmer is also quoted as saying: "I have $80 million in the bank. I don't have to play football for money. I'll play it for the love of the game but that would have to be elsewhere. I'm prepared to live my life." Palmer has requested a trade, but Bengals owner Mike Brown said in January he had denied it because the 31-year-old was too important to the team. It was reported that Palmer would retire if he was not traded. However, according to Sports Illustrated's Peter King, the Bengals had softened their stance on Palmer and would consider trading him after the NFL labor situation is sorted out.

Source: FOXSports

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

This isn't the way to go about it...

I love it.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Doesn't sound like Carson Palmer at all...sounds like he took a page out of Charlie Sheen's book. "I'm bi-winning. I win here, and I win there."

2 people like this.
  4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Rep

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Never ever?

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Bet the Whiz would love him in Arizona...

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Please draft a QB at 4, Cinci

8. chucklehead

chucklehead Fantasy Fool

Can't say I blame him. I've never been a huge fan of his but I truly believe he'd be a better player on another team. There has been so much drama and so many distractions there it was no surprise he could never really get things going.

Plus, I wouldn't mind seeing him out of our division.

9. chucklehead

chucklehead Fantasy Fool

Fitzgerald would love him too!!

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

It's bad down here. If Whiz doesn't shore it up now, Fitz will be gone. So if Cincy utters the word 'might', Whiz will walk to Cincy to get it done.

11. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

this

12. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Nice, real nice.....:icon_cool:

13. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

So if he plays for someone else he's skipping any games at Cinci..?

14. FdMstng99

FdMstng99 Man of Steel

Guess all the drama on that team finally got to him, now it's his turn.

15. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

players controlling the game again, F him

16. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

I have backed this guy up through the years even though he hasn't been as good as he was prior injury in 2005 playoffs, even last year I had some doubts on him but after the Second Browns and the Charger games he brought me back to his side, and even was pissed when he was first making this statement but not at him cause he said he didn't want to play for the Bengals due to Marvin saying no coaching changes were going to be made meaning Brat was going to stay.... but we got rid of him, I was like sweet he's staying.. no he has to stick to his pride and keep up this bs so F him, if we can't get anything good for him let him sit on the bench next season or let him retire.

at 4? was about to ask if we traded down or got the Bills slot at 4, then I went to check the list, how the hell do we have a higher draft spot to a team we lost to this season?
    agreed F him

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

They should trade him and Ocho to the same team.