The Haley Obsession

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by Arrowhead4Life, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Todd Haley. A name that isn't loudly famous or known as top in the league but yet is heard of and known. Many people including myself have mixed emotions about the man at times. Through his first 2 years as a head coach he has done many things that alot of people either hate or love him for. I am fond believer in the Haley era.

Haley might be a little hotheaded or may not call the brightest of plays or be the nicest to his coaching staff and players but their is no questioning the mans effort and pride. He shows he cares about the Kansas City Chiefs organization and its success week in and out through his actions. Whether its pulling the best player from the game or ripping the offensive coordinator for a playcall the man is passionate about the The KANSAS CITY CHIEFS organization.

I think the success of the Kansas City Chiefs organization is only going to improve as long as he has the support and feels welcome as the coach. May be some bumps and bruises and losses in games and player wise but all of it will eventually playout in Kansas City holding up a Lombardi trophy or 2 in the next coming years. Like his tactics or not he get the best out of players and has success wherever he goes.

From 4-12 to 10-6 and division champions with coach of the year talks how can you talk down on this man?? The players like him, the organization believes in him, and he does nothing but show his pride out their every training camp, practice or gameday that I've seen. Seeing as if the CBA gets done before training camp nad workout sessions I can see nothing but 10 games or above for the Chiefs next season under Haley if he has the time to keep getting at the players and taking the organization under his belt another offseason.

Bottom line is the man gets the best out of his players and coaching staff and will accept no less or give up on any task.

Your thoughts on Haley and the Chiefs organization and future????

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Haley is an arrogant hard head. And because of his inability to waiver I see him not winning anything. You give him credit but it took for him to have two of the best coordinators in the game to have success. His play calling is "odd" at times and he refuses to hand the ball to the best offensive weapon he has until later in the game. I really do see the Chiefs taking a step back words next season because of the lack of offensive consistency.

3. I see your points but how can you judge a man by his coordinators???? Cmon now so your telling me that Herm Edwards or someone like Cam Cameron or a slob of a coach would've had the success Haley did this year because they would've had good coordinators???

Im sorry but thats hard for me to believe because before Haley showed up the conditioning and work eithic of this team was like potty training a 2 year old.

4. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

The first year Haley was here, I wasn't sure if I liked him or hated him, but I think what he does is working...benching players for not doing what they should, that one had me totally furious with him at first...but it seems to work...I like what he's doing and hope he keeps it up. I wish I could say I feel positive about the upcoming season...but I'm not there yet....maybe IF there isn't a lockout, and AFTER the draft....that will change. I just don't have a lot of confidence in Bill Muir as our OC...that, IMO, was a stupid move.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Haley's hard butt style is good for conditioning. But it took a coach like Coughlin to ease up until the team really to off. And I think if Herm Edwards had Weis and Crennel he would be much better than the bums he had in his final years. Haley is too arrogant and it really isn't well deserved. He had arguably the best WR tandem in Arizona and a crafty veteran to throw the ball to those guys. His benching of Bowe last season didn't amount to anything, it wasn't until Weis came in and turned the offense around. Now that he is gone, Haley wants to go back to the offense of 2009 and that didn't work. Haley needs to be taken down a couple pegs and learn that a my way or highway style doesn't work. As much as I was happy to have Parcells rebuilding the Dolphins, if you look back, he only won a ring with the Giants and to the Patriots to the bowl. Other than that he just has good teams, not great teams.

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

If you have more confidence in Haley as an OC than Muir, then relax. Muir will end up being little more than the guy who relays the plays from Haley to Cassel. Basically he's a high-priced telecommunicator.

7. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I knew when he got the promotion, that Haley was planning to call all the plays himself, which really didn't work out so well the first year he did that. :icon_eek:

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

10-6 is nice and all, but I would wait for consistent success before I proclaim him to be the guy.

Jumps like that are commonpace in the NFL nowadays, and the teams that make often crash right back down to earth

9. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Oh don't be such a party pooper!!! :icon_eek: