Roger Goodell Writes A Letter To NFL Fans After Labor Talks Break Down

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Mar 11, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Roger Goodell issued this letter to NFL fans after labor talks broke down and the NFLPA announced they would decertify.

The Canadian Press: NFL Commissioner Goodell writes letter to fans after labour talks break down

I call shenanigans. You want us to believe you were willing to fair negotiations? Why the need for the war chest with the TV money? Why not completely open up your books to the NFLPA? The reality is that the NFL and the owners have had their heels dug in for some time now and today's outcome was inevitable.

So NFL fans.....care to retort to Roger? Feel free to sound off.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I refuse to read that letter...

The whole situation is horsecrap. About as serious as the O.J. Trial. A freaking joke. A joke that they took an extended lunch yesterday to wait for owners to arrive...the day before a lockout. It's a joke that the owners are refusing to open their books. It's a joke that the "Gag Order" that was supposedly installed at the beginning of negotiations was no where to be seen. The list goes on and on and on...

3. SRW

And the fans lose out. The NFL is the goose that lays golden eggs and they tied her tubes.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

I'll reserve comment till I get the letter delivered to my door starting with Dear Tarkus.

Until then, this is just junk mail...

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I just told em to take me off the mailing list, heck them...

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...

7. SRW

Making a mental note....all PMs to Tarkus need to be addressed "Dear Tarkus".

8. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Roger Goodell can go heck himself!!! :icon_twisted:

9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

The nfl aling with all owners....and. especially Roger i say heck. You i cant put it any other way

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

/thread

winner=Omen

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

So, when does Paul Tagliabue ride back on a white horse and smack the crap out of all these heckers? I think that we all need to quit speaking of the NFL until this crap get's settled. Roger Goodell is the worst thing to happen to the NFL since allowing Brett Favre to send pictures of his winky to that skank. I think the NFL should be disgusted with themselves from owner to player. 2011 should be a free year for tickets if/when play ever resumes. I make less than 30k a year and am content, let these douche bags donate some of their billions to me and play some damned football!

12. mrcomeback09

mrcomeback09 Rookie

Screw Goodell that cat needs to sack up (opps forgot he didn't have one)... I just wish there was more of that lingerie league crap televised instead hearing about these greedy freaking players complaining about everything!

13. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

BBB will post a pic in 3..2...1....

But I heard ya mrcomeback. It's time to man up for Rog.

1 person likes this.
  14. You know it.......

[​IMG]

:icon_cool:

Word.

15. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Sounds like a good deal was left on the table. Screw the players union

16. mrcomeback09

mrcomeback09 Rookie

Now thats what I'm talkin' bout :laughy21:

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32:

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

^How is that funny? It's completely true. Was it there every demand? No. Was it a good deal? Absolutely

19. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

What. the. Screw? Can someone please translate? I really don't understand omenese. :icon_redface: