NFL Players Association Pulls Back On Decertification

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 11, 2011.

1. After reporting that the players were headed to a Minnesota court to decertify as a union, the NFL Network now reports that they have paused. A delay could mean that the owners and players might quickly negotiate another extension of their talks. It could also mean that substantive progress has made toward reaching a new collective bargaining agreement. Decertifying and taking the battle to court is the last big card the players have. It’s also one they don’t want to have to put on the table

Source: National Football Post

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011
  2. Article updated......

3. The NFLPA and NFL are now reportedly $300M apart after the owners latest proposal "split the difference."

"Even Steven" doesn't sound bad at this point money bags......

4. Adam Schefter: Twitter.com

5. DeMaurice Smith wants 10 years worth of files in order to agree to another extension.

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

There's an edit button for a reason dude.

7. I'm updating as I'm watching these reports......like I've always done.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Yeah, I know. Try to use it more often, that's all.

9. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

This was his plan all along the owners came to the table and dropped the billion to a whole lot less took off the 18 game schedule and various other things and the Union wouldnt budge because they want it in Judge Dotys court because he will always support the players

FREAK DEMAURICE SMITH

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011
  10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Screw the owners for not opening up their books, they wanted the lockout and it's their responsibility to prove that they need more money not the players...it's a lock out not a walk off...

11. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

NFLLabor.com NFL statement on negotiations: «

The union was offered finances, i think the players union wanted to go to court the whole time, its a joke the spin they've been trying to put on this.

12. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

The thing is both sides are going to point fingers at this point. None of us were in on negotiations so we won't ever know what truly happened or who specifically is to blame. Fact is, they're all freaking buttholes.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT!

14. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Brees said it well earlier today, the owners want the union to take less under the new deal because of the situation they claim the finances are in. I admittedly don't care to know all th

15. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Brees said it well earlier today, the owners want the union to take less under the new deal because of the situation they claim the finances are in. I admittedly don't care to know all the details of the negotiations but it doesn't seem right to claim hardship without offering any proof of it.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

If the owners are claiming a loss, they need to open the books. It falls on their shoulders. The players haven't asked for one red cent.

As for Drew Brees, he needs to STFU. His Tweets this morning and today hurt more than helped. His "woe is me attitude" and tweets aren't helping...

1 person likes this.
  17. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

it may be sacrilegious....but i 100% agree. i don't think he is helping his image by being so outspoken. i'm not liking the "business" brees

18. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

That's just it Ward they aren't claiming a loss, they admit they are making money but they want to make MORE at the players expense. And all the players want are the terms to remain the same as they were.

19. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

lmao

20. mrcomeback09

mrcomeback09 Rookie

Both sides have way more money than 75% of all working class americans what the heck is the big deal about? The players are getting top dollars through endorsements for playing a "GAME." I wish some of these greedy people would step out of the lime light a little bit maybe even work some shifts at mcdonalds cleaning toilets maybe that will wake them up!