Bob Knight Apologizes To Kentucky

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

ESPN analyst Bob Knight apologized Tuesday after making erroneous statements over the weekend about the academic record of Kentucky's basketball team.At a speaking engagement in Indiana on Saturday, Knight criticized the policy allowing players to go to the NBA after one season and incorrectly said that during the 2009-10 season, the starters on Kentucky's NCAA tournament team did not attend class during the spring semester."My overall point is that 'one and dones' are not healthy for college basketball," Knight said. "I should not have made it personal to Kentucky and its players and I apologize."

Source: ESPN

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Why is Knight apologizing? Of course those kids who know they are bolting for the NBA after one year don't attend clbutt. Would you?

This isn't a university problem, it's the NBA enabling this type of behavior.

3. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

yea I agree. Why would you go to class if you know your gonna go to the NBA

4. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I know I wouldn't, if you say it...you mean it...and it's true, than say it and don't take it back.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Don't think he should've apologized either. mush hit the nail on the head...it's an NBA-enabler...lol.

6. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I mean, if I was about to make millions of dollars no matter my grades, why go to class at ALL? You can always go back to school...

The one and done policy is stupid. Either make them stay in school longer, or don't make them go at all.

7. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

One of the rules being talked about is either go straight to the NBA or go to school for a minimum of 3 years. I like this and I believe baseball uses this format. The one and done has got to go.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

College baseball does use that format ketbuck. And it works.

9. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

That what I thought I read. Seems like a logical move to me.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

:word: