Marcell Dareus Sports Science

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Omen, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

2. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Was it a harder hit then Fairleys?

3. Omen

Don't know if he has done one .....ill check

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

in real life hed go around the bags instead of through them....he looks like a DT, plays like a DE

5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

might want to lift that head or that hit will be a penalty. But ferocious nonetheless.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Illegal hit.

7. Omen

I couldn't find one on fairly.....

Was watching a show with Cory chavous w sapp Jamie dukes and Charlie casserdwly and they were ripping into fairly and applauding marcell big time

8. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

They were ripping Fairley for having a good year. I think Fairley can play in a 3-4 or 4-3. Just won't handle the NT positiion in a either scheme. I saw the end of the sports science with Fairley and I think they said he had the hardest hit.

9. Omen

Yeah they said fairly has had a good year where as marcell has had a good college career....marcell is ready and fairley needs more work more coaching

10. Mr.Alligam

Mr.Alligam Rookie

Fairley is a 4-3 tackle only in my eyes, he doesn't have the strong lower body to handle a 34 End's job. His best asset is his penetrating ability, which doesn't have that much value in a 34 front as it would in a 43.

Shooting through the A gaps is where he'll make his money, not holding the B gaps...

11. K Train

fairley is an exact clone of jay ratliff....whos also not perfect for a 34 job but he does very well in it regardless.

fairley and ratliff- same school, same number, same height, same weight, same style, hell they even kinda look alike.

im dareus doesnt fit a 34 well either...he wont hold gap responsibilites, he'll play like hes a 270 pound DE and try to get the edge. he'll be a monster inside of a 43 though

12. Mr.Alligam

Mr.Alligam Rookie

Ratliff played NG in a Bum Phillip's 34, which made his job was to penetrate one A gap, rather than him holding both A gaps like a typical NG. It will be interesting to watch if Rob Ryan will keep to his word and keep him there, or kick him out to DE.

The thing is with Dareus, he has the tools and body type to hold gap responsibilities, lower bases like his don't grow on trees. If given time, he could be a Justin Smith-Shaun Ellis type 34 End...

13. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Fairley just remindes me of Johnathon Sullivan.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

absolutely. he launched himself.

15. K Train

fairley gets some unfair knocks on him...he really did just put together a season so dominant for a DT id put it only second to king ndamakong. He plays football like hes out to hurt someone (so does suh) and to take over games from the DT spot is amazing...im sure the lions are aching to have him fall all the way to them, williams wall who?