Bears QB Jay Cutler Believes Offense Needs To 'Get Together'

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, May 15, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Bears quarterback Jay Cutler has been busy this offseason, rehabbing his knee, traveling with a non-profit group to Kenya, getting engaged to his girlfriend and hosting a charity event for his foundation in his hometown Saturday. Cutler told the Sun-Times about a month ago that he wasn’t concerned that the NFL’s player lockout would harm his team. On Saturday, however, he told the Sun-Times that “now is the time for everyone to kind of get together and brush it off, and we’re going to do that here in the next couple of weeks. “Everything is locked and loaded.†Asked if those workouts would start this week, Cutler said, “Maybe. We’ll see. We’re about to do something here soon enough. But no one is probably going to know about it.†Cutler said the workouts would be for offensive players only. “I mean, those defenders have been in the system for eight years, nine years,†Cutler said. “What are they gonna do? What am I going to tell Lach?†Cutler said, referring to linebacker Brian Urlacher. “ ‘Your drop is a little short. Sorry, buddy.’ Offensively, we have a lot of room to improve.â€

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Get Together or Get IT Together?

3. chucklehead

chucklehead Fantasy Fool

Just what I was thinking!

If they retain Martz the best thing they can do is try and get it together by getting together. Cutler needs to become more familiar with his receivers and they with him. Their whole passing offense relies on timing and trust in each other. The less time they can work together... the more they're gonna suck!

4. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

They did pretty well last year. If Cutler can get the team together for some lockout practice sessions I see no problem for the Bears.