Colonials Coach Jerry Glanville Says He's "Suspicious" Of Terrelle Pryor

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jun 15, 2011.

1. As Jerry Glanville builds the roster for the 2011 Hartford Colonials, star power is not on his list of priorities. The UFL has attracted some NFL names — most notably, Daunte Culpepper and Jeff Garcia — and league officials openly courted Michael Vick when the quarterback was searching for a job. There are some big names looking for NFL employment who could use the UFL as a springboard, such as Plaxico Burress, Tiki Barber and Terrelle Pryor. But Hartford's new coach/general manager said he isn't interested in selling tickets based on the name on the jersey. "If a player's ability helps the product on the field, I'm all for it," Glanville said Tuesday. "But you're taking a guy — anybody and I'm not saying any guy in particular — and his reputation actually hinders the product on the field, then I don't care about his reputation or his name. Because to me, this league is all about the product. That's what we're selling." Asked about Pryor, who is leaving Ohio State under the shadow of NCAA violations, Glanville said he is suspicious. "Our league is an unselfish league," Glanville said. "You can't be a selfish person to play in the UFL. In the NFL, there are selfish people. From what he did and from what happened to him in college . . . I don't know him and you never know until you meet a guy, he might be the greatest kid you've ever met. But if he's selfish, there's no room for him in this league."

Source: Hartford Courant

2. chucklehead

chucklehead Fantasy Fool

Well spoken, IMO.

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

maybe Elvis can help his tean. Figure he owes him alot for all those tickets.