"Rumblings Around League" Suggest Giants DE Osi Umenyiora Is "On The Bubble"

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Defensive end Osi Umenyiora wants a new deal with the Giants or to have the chance to go to another team that will pay him like a top-five defensive end. ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter mentioned earlier this morning that there’s rumblings of Umenyiora potentially being cut by the Giants when discussing star players who could be released. Schefter made it clear he isn’t saying this is going to happen but the notion of it seems to be floating around the league. “The Giants have said that they are not going to cut him, John Mara, the Giants owner has said that,†Schefter said when going over potential big names to be cut on SportsCenter this morning. “However there have been rumblings around the league that Osi Umenyiora would be on the bubble. I think he’d like to be released to be able to shop his services to another team.†“Remember, he criticized the Giants organization in testimony that he gave to the courts and was one of the name plaintiffs in the Brady vs NFL case,†Schefter continued. “Again, not saying he winds up getting cut but there are people around the league who think he could get cut.†Mara reportedly told Umenyiora during a break at a recent negotiation session that the defensive end needs to settle his differences with general manager Jerry Reese. Umenyiora contends in a sworn affidavit in the Brady vs NFL case that the GM told him he would give him a new contract or trade him to a team that would pay him like a top-five defensive end if he were still playing at a high level two years after this alleged discussion in 2008.

Source: ESPN New York

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011
  2. I'm 100 percent certain he'll be traded before he'll be released outright.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Wow.... I woukd. Be sweet to pick him up... Aren't he and ware freinds since. Like middle school

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

4. Ohm Youngmisuk: Twitter.com

5. They do go way back and were teammates at Troy University.

6. Omen

Yup. I remeber the troy part.... I read somewhere that they akso rode bus together in middle school... But i can't believe the gmen would just cut him

7. Article updated......

8. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I'm be f'n bent if they let him walk for nothing. I refuse to believe it.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This. Not even a question. There is NO WAY IN HELL they would let a player of his caliber walk for nothing.

10. Omen

I agree that would be boneheades