Giants Discussing Possibility Of Re-Signing WR Plaxico Burress

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jul 26, 2011.

1. The Giants are discussing a potential return to New York with their former wide receiver Plaxico Burress, according to team sources. The Giants want to see where Burress is at mentally before they would make any moves, the sources said. Burress, who will turn 34 in August, was released from prison in June after serving a nearly two-year sentence on a weapon possession charge, but Burress has stated he has no interest in returning to the Giants, even though that isn't dissauding the team from pursuing him, according to TSN. In an in-depth, one-hour interview with ESPN's Stephen A. Smith earlier this month, Burress discussed his difficult relationship with Giants coach Tom Coughlin. "My situation in New York, me and my coach had an ambivalent relationship to say the least," Burress said at the National Urban League headquarters where he held a press conference to promote gun safety. "Some things that I didn't agree with, with the way he went about things. And the only way to show my way was to just rebel. Is that who I am? No." "That was one of the biggest problems when I left Pittsburgh when I came here," Burress continued. "I had a relationship with Bill Cowher inside of football and outside of football. He always had an open-door policy to where you could come talk to him or tell him what was on your mind. When that was taken away from me, I kind of felt it was like: I'm the coach, you are the player. It doesn't matter what you have to say. You just do what I tell you to do." "This is not college," he added. "This is professional sports. If you can't sit down and go talk to a man that you are busting your tail for, not even have the respect for anything that you have to say, like I said, the only thing I knew then was to rebel." Selected eighth overall in the 2000 draft, he has 505 receptions for 7,845 yards and 55 touchdowns in nine seasons.

Source: ESPN New York

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2011
  2. Oh Crap......

Adam Schefter: Twitter.com

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This would be no bueno.

4. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

No..for the love of God no.

5. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695