Cardinals Reportedly "Working On A Deal" With WR Braylon Edwards

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by SRW, Jul 31, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Mike Jurecki of XTRA Phoenix reports that the Arizona Cardinals are "working on a deal" with wide receiver Braylon Edwards. Jurecki says the signing is not a sure thing yet but the Cardinals would be considered one of 2011's biggest free agency winners if they land Edwards to line up across from Larry Fitzgerald. This could be the best wide receiver duo in the NFC.

Source: The Redzone

2. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

Wow, I'd be freaking stoked with this signing. Our offense would be scary talented with Kolb, Fitz, Edwards, Heap, Beanie

3. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Ya but its all going to come down to kolb. If he busts the rest of the offense busts with him. No denying the talent though. They're stupid for trading hightower.

4. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

Agreed, Kolb is the center piece of it all. We need him to live up to the potentia
    l we traded for. Still the more weapons we get for him the better chance he has, though I agree about hightower. He was our most proven RB, and while we needed to trade either him or beanie, we should have gotten more at least. I have a feeling he's gonna do well in Washington.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Braylon would make a fine #2 behind Fitz. Plax going to NYJ helps the Cards here.

Give me Ryan Williams any heckin' day over Tim Hightower. Come on now. Beanie pounding the rock mixed in with Williams' game? You won't remember Tim's name soon after the season starts.

6. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

With the Duo of Edwards and Fitzgerald that would be a great 1 2 punch. ANd having Kolb as a quarterback is good too

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Would be a great signing. Don't think Hightower leaving is anything the Cards can't overcome...lol.

8. Hightower will be a afterthought but if the Edwards deal goes through good for the cards but puts even more pressure on Kolb..If he does horrible there will be no excuses..