Cardinals To Now Focus On Re-Signing WR Larry Fitzgerald

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by SRW, Aug 1, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

General Manager Rod Graves plans to re-open negotiations today with Larry Fitzgerald’s agent today and sees no reason a new contract can’t be done before Sept. 11, the start of the regular season. “If Larry is sincere about his willingness to remain here, then I believe we’ll get a deal worked out before the start of the season,â€￾ Graves said. “He says he is (sincere) and I believe him. A lot will be said for that once we enter into our talks and see how swiftly (they go).â€￾ Fitzgerald was not immediately available for comment. His agent, Eugene Parker, said earlier this week he is ready to talk whenever the Cardinals are. Parker could not be reached for comment Monday morning. Fitzgerald is in the last year of a four-year contract that paid him $10 million a year.

Source: Arizona Republic

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Graves said he is willing to make him the highest paid player in Cardinals history and one of the highest paid players in the league.

3. Pay this man...

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

He has no choice now. He made Kolb a rich MF, Fitz is gonna want a lot more than that.

5. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

If they don't pay him.. Someone else surely will. Larry is a top 3 WR in this league and a standup guy. He deserves to get paid big money.

6. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

Seriously, we have no choice but to give him what he wants. We can't risk losing him, given his talent as well as his off the field personality, he won't last 2 seconds next year on the open market, and he can't be franchised.

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The only thing out of Rod Graves' mouth at their first negotiations meeting should be "How much would you like to have, Larry?".

8. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

Or OK, here is how much I have.