Ex-Redskins WR Malcolm Kelly Considering Retirement

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Oft-injured receiver Malcolm Kelly’s tenure with the Washington Redskins reached its expected conclusion Tuesday when the club waived him at the league deadline for reducing its roster to 80 players. Kelly, a second-round (51st overall) draft pick in 2008, had not practiced with the team since Aug. 4. His right foot was sore, but two rounds of X-rays and MRIs did not show significant structural damage. It was the latest in a string of injuries that limited him to 21 of 48 possible games since he was drafted. “That’s a situation where you train and train and do as much as you can and then you just come out and - I don’t know,†Kelly said after practice. “When I hurt my foot, I think it was almost like, ‘All right, whatever.’ I got upset about it a little bit, but it’s like, shoot, maybe it just is what it is.†He wants his foot to heal before he decides his next move, but he might consider retiring. “As much as I love this thing, I’m not going to go out here and kill myself,†he said. “It’s one thing to have one injury, man, but to have as many as I’ve had, it’s to the point where it is what it is.â€

Source: Washington Times

2. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Sad, he has so much potential, just can't get away from the injury bug.